|Manatee County Government Administrative Building 1112 Manatee Avenue West, First Floor Chambers August 6, 2015 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #10
PDC-14-29(P) - GH&G Lockwood, LLC/West Lake Plaza - DTS20140481 - MEPS367 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDC-14-29(P); APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1 – A.7, B.1 – B.3, and C.1 - C.4; as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Darenda Marvin, AICP, Grimes-Goebel, agent for the owner, is requesting approval of a Preliminary Site Plan for a retail shopping center containing approximately 165,000 square feet at the southeast corner of S.R. 70 East and 45th Street East (Lockwood Ridge Road).
• The property is approximately 24 acres and is currently zoned PDC with ROR future land use.
• The property was originally developed with a Winn Dixie and associated infrastructure and parking in the 1990’s. This store has been vacant for a number of years and will be (or is) demolished as part of this request.
• The Preliminary Site Plan shows 8 parcels that can be developed with uses listed in the PDC zoning district. The current known uses are: a WaWa located on Lot 1 (SE corner of 45th Street East & SR 70 East) and a WalMart Neighborhood Grocery on Lot 2. The following uses are not permitted as part of this PDC:
• The maximum floor area ratio (FAR) is 0.35, the maximum building height is 35’, the minimum perimeter buffers are 15’ on S.R. 70 East and 45th Street East and 10’ on the east and south property lines, and internal buffers are 8’ (all buffers meet or exceed the minimum requirements).
• No Special or Specific Approvals are requested.
• The project currently provides 35% open space (8.39± acres); the minimum open space is 20%.
• On July 9, 2015, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on June 16, 2015.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps- Future Land Use, Zoning, & Aerials- West Lake Plaza - .PDC-14-29(P) - 8-6-15 BCpdf.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - West Lake Plaza - 080615 BOCC.pdf
Attachment: PSP - West Lake Plaza - 06022015 - PDC-14-29 - 8-6-15BC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Analysis - West Lake Plaza - PDC-14-29(P) - 8-6-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - West Lake Plaza - PDC-14-29(P) - 8-6-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - West Lake Plaza - PDC-14-29(P) - Sarasota Herald - 8-6-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Public Comments received after close of PC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - West Lake Plaza - PDC-14-29(P) - 8-6-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Posting and Mailing - West Lake Plaza - PDC-14-29(P) .pdf