|August 22, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #22
Amendment #2 to the FY 16/17 Home Care for the Elderly (HCE) Grant Agreement
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Tracie Adams, Human Services Manager / Ext. 3030
- Authorization for the Chairman to execute Amendment #2 of the HCE-16/17-MAN agreement with the Senior Connection Center, Inc., for the Home Care for the Elderly Program increasing the Case Management category by $2,455 and adopting a new Budget Summary reflecting this change.
- Adoption of Budget Resolution B-17-069 amending the annual budget for Manatee County Florida for Fiscal Year 2016/2017.
Florida Statutes Chapter 125
- Based on final surplus/deficit projections within the planning and service area, amendment #2 allows for the increase of $2,455 into the Case Management category due to the initial funding allotment for the cost of Case Management being underestimated by the state.
- Amendment #2 also adopts Budget Resolution B-17-069 showing a change in the annual budget for Manatee County. NO additional county match is required.
- Home Care for the Elderly grant funds are provided by the state through the Senior Connection Center, Inc., to provide Case Management, Basic, and Special Subsidy services to persons sixty years of age or older to prevent or delay premature institutional placement.
- The HCE program encourages the provision of care for the elderly in family type living arrangements in private homes as an alternative to nursing home or other institutional care settings.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return two originals of Amendment #2 to Community Services with a signed copy of Resolution B-17-069. One original amendment will be returned to Board Records when executed by the funding sources.
Email the signed Resolution B-16-061 to email@example.com.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$43,479.00 State Funds - HCE 16/17 1739000921
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: B-17-069 FY17 HCE Amend 2.pdf