|Bradenton Area Convention Center One Haben Boulevard, Palmetto 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #4
Z-20-02 Norah & Aaron, LLC PLN2002-0010 - Quasi-Judicial - James Rigo, Principal Planner
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Presenter: James Rigo, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6905
Contact: Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning and Zoning Technician, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. Z-20-02, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• This application requests a rezone of an approximately 36.3 acres at 1300 49th Street East, Palmetto, FL. 34221, located on the north side of 49th Street East (Experimental Farm Road) and (west of) Canal Road in Section 36, Township 33 South, Range 17 East, Manatee County, Florida. Under previous development applications the project was known as Symphony Lakes.
• The property is vacant and currently zoned RSMH-6 (Residential Single-Family Mobile Home District - 6 Dwelling Units per Acre) and the applicant is requesting a rezone to RMF-9 (Residential Multi-Family District - 9 Dwelling Units per Acre). The site has a Future Land Use Category of RES-9, therefore, this request is consistent with the Comprehensive Plan. Properties to the south and east are currently zoned RSF-4.5 and A-1 and are developed residential areas. Adjoining property to the north and west are zoned A-1 and currently undeveloped.
• The property was rezoned in 1985 from A-1 to R-4B (Mobile Home Residential/7 DU/ac.). It was converted to RSMH-6 with the adoption of the 1990 Land Development Code. A Preliminary Site Plan was submitted for Sunnybrook Park Mobile Home Park in December 1994 showing 185 lots. That development entered the construction plan process but was not completed. A Final Site Plan/Construction Plans for Symphony Lakes was submitted in March 1996 and another Final Site Plan/Construction Plans for 168 lots (4.6+/- units/ac.) was as applied for in October 2000 by Potomac Ventures, but was never approved or constructed.
• The applicant states that the reason this site and those to the north and west are vacant is the lack of sewer service in this vicinity. After meeting with the County Utility Department to discuss potential site development, it was determined that a sanitary sewer would be required to tap into a gravity sewer system approximately 4,600' east of the site on Experimental Farm Road to meet the requirements of the additional density and is the main cause for this zoning request.
• This zoning amendment is consistent with the objectives and policies of the Comprehensive Plan and the development patterns in the area. Any subsequent development at this site a shall be required to apply for a new permit through Building and Development Services & Zoning and Public Works.
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by emails to Matter 2020-0300 on July 8 & 14, 2020.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report Norah and Aaron, LLC Rezone Z-20-02 PLN2002-0010.pdf
Attachment: 1 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: 2 - School Report .pdf
Attachment: 3 - Land Use Table for existing and proposed use..pdf
Attachment: 4 - Traffic Impact Statement and Acceptance Letter.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit.pdf
Attachment: 6 - Concurrency Deferral.pdf
Attachment: 7 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf