|Bradenton Area Convention Center One Haben Boulevard, Palmetto 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #5
Z-20-04 Mixon Rezone to HC/Mixon Fruit Farms, Inc. (Owner)/Hunt Real Estate Services, Inc. (Contract Purchaser) PLN2002-0081 - Quasi-Judicial - Jake Bibler, Planner I
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Presenter: Jake Bibler, Planner I, 941-748-4501 ext. 6902
Contact: Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning and Zoning Technician, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. Z-20-04, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• This is a rezone request for a 4.36-acre site generally located at the southeast corner of 26th Avenue East and 27th Street East and is commonly known as 2712 26th Avenue East, Bradenton (Manatee County), Florida.
• The subject site is currently zoned Agriculture Suburban Zoning District (A-1) and the applicant is requesting a rezoning to Heavy Commercial zoning.
• The subject parcel is in the Industrial-Light Future Land Use Category.
• Surrounding uses include: to the north is Mixon’s Fruit Farm, in the Planned Development – Industrial Zoning District; to the east and south is the School Board of Manatee County, Matzke Service Center Complex in the City of Bradenton Zoning District R-I Industrial; to the west is vacant agriculture and pasture in the City of Bradenton Zoning District R-I Industrial.
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Anne Morris reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2020-0301 on July 13, 2020.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Mixon Rezone to HC Z-20-04 PLN2002-0081.pdf
Attachment: 1 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: 2 - Traffic Impact Statement.pdf
Attachment: 3 - School Report.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Zoning Disclosure Afidavit.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Use Chart Comparison A-1 versus HC.pdf
Attachment: 6 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf