|August 12, 2014 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #14
FEMA Severe Repetitive Loss Grant
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Sandy Tudor, CFM
Floodplain Management Coordinator
941-748-4501, ext. 3843
Approve and authorize execution of a one-year extension of the subgrant agreement with the Florida Division of Emergency Management to June 30, 2015.
Florida Statutes 125.01
44 Code of Federal Regulations - Sections 59-79
- Severe Repetitive Loss Subgrant Agreement executed March 12, 2013.
- Agreement forwarded to Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) for signature.
- Page 1 C(3) Ending date September 30, 2014, incorrect in original Board of County Commissioners approved subgrant agreement.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Award Letter, ending date June 30, 2014. This date should be reflected on the subgrant agreement.
- FDEM representative struck through September wrote June and initialed on page 1 of subgrant agreement.
- Replaced Page 1 of subgrant agreement with FDEM with corrected date.
- Modification to subgrant agreement between the FDEM and Manatee County received for approval by the Board of County Commissioners for a one-year extension to June 30, 2015, approved by the BOCC on June 17, 2014.
- The new amended contract was sent to FDEM and received by their office on June 27, 2014. This did not allow sufficient time to circulate the amended contract through the divisions in their offices for signature approvals by the original June 30, 2014, expiration date. Since this contract was not signed by June 30, 2014, it will now need to be reinstated. This new verbiage in the agreement in paragraph 1 reinstates and extends the contract as though it never expired.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward 4 copies of the executed document to Sandy Tudor, CFM, Floodplain Management Coordinator, for transmittal to the Florida Division of Emergency Management.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs