|April 9, 2013 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #36
Street Wavier Request for the Guardian Angels project
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Vickie Warner, Address Coordinator, 749-3500 Ext 1678
Motion to approve the request by Edward Dick, on behalf of the Guardian Angels Foster Family Home project, to name the entry roadway into the project.
Section 742 of the Manatee County Land Development Code
- Edward Dick, on behalf of the Guardian Angels Foster Family Home project, is requesting a waiver of the street numbering requirement for the entry roadway into the project.
- The site contains 7.2650 +/- acres and the proposed development is residential homes for foster care families. Currently two homes are under construction, with the remaining seven homes to be constructed at a later date.
- The access roadway into the project currently has the numeric designation of 77th Ct E. However, the Guardian Angels Board would like to name the street Bouwer Ct, in honor of the Bouwer family, whose large financial contributions to the foster home project help make it possible.
- Section 742.8 of the Manatee County Land Development Code allows for a waiver of the street numbering requirement. This section also requires the Manatee County Public Safety Department, Traffic Management Division, and the North River Fire District to review the request.
- These reviewing agencies, with the exception of the North River Fire District, have no objection to the waiver request and have indicated that emergency response will not be compromised by the granting of the waiver.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please provide a copy of the approved agenda memorandum to Vickie Warner (email@example.com), Address Coordinator, Public Safety Department
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Guardian Angels Str Wvr Docs.pdf