|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers April 6, 2017|
Agenda Item #5
Ordinance 17-07 - Sarasota Bradenton Internatinal Airport - DRI15 - 20160550 - Quasi-Judicial - Barney Salmon, Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Barney Salmon, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6902
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, the Manatee County Land Development Code, and DRI #15; in accordance with Section 380.06, Florida Statutes; subject to the conditions of approval established in the Development Order; I move to APPROVE Ordinance No. 17-07, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Paul Rozeman, agent for the property owner, and co-agent Mr. Charles(Dan) Bailey-SRQ Airport representative is requesting approval of an amendment to DRI#15, Ordinance 05-035 to allow a Personal Wireless Service Facility in the form of a 140’ tall monopole type communication tower as an allowable use in Outparcel 3 in the PDMU zoning district on airport property.
• The 900 square foot site is located in the southeastern portion of Outparcel 3 within the airport; approximately 120 feet east of US 41 and south of the access road to Dolphin Aviation. The site is located within the R/O/R (Retail/Office/Residential) Future Land Use Categories (FLUC).
• There is a companion document; Zoning Ordinance PDMU-99-07(G)(R5) and a General Development Plan; that will also be amended.
• The amendment to the DRI and associated Ordinance includes :
o Leasing approximately 3,400 square feet on a vacant portion of Outparcel 3 on Sarasota Bradenton Airport property
• Staff recommends approval.
• On March 9, 2017, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded to Matter 2017-0063 by email on February 14, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a 3 certified copies of the executed document to Bobbi Roy/Building and Development Services Department.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Sarasota Bradenton Airport DRI 15DO - Ord. 17-07.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 1 - Maps and Aerials.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Map H.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - West Aerial.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Ordinance 05-35 in strikethrough - underline format.pdf