|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers April 6, 2017|
Agenda Item #9
PDC-15-28(Z)(P) - Ardes, Whisenant Family, Whisenant Farms/Race Trac - US 301 & Ellenton-Gillette - 20150422 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider, Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDC-15-28(Z)(P); APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.6, B.1-B.2, C.1, and D.1-D4; ADOPT of the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANT Specific Approval for alternatives to Land Development Code Sections 531.51.C (Reduction of the required 25 foot setback from all property lines for Service Stations and Gas Pumps), and 701.3.C (Location of the required foundation landscaping within the roadway buffer), as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Mark P. Barnebey, Esquire of Blalock Walters, P.A., agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a rezoning from NC-M (Neighborhood Commercial - Medium) to PDC (Planned Development Commercial) zoning district and a Preliminary Site Plan for 5,488 square foot convenience store with 8 gas pumps (16 fueling stations) and an 8,773 square foot dispenser canopy area.
• The 2.27± acre site is located on the northwest corner of the intersection of US 301 and Ellenton-Gillette Road (36th Avenue East), Ellenton. The site is within the RES-9 (Residential - 9) Future Land Use Category (FLUC).
• The Preliminary Site Plan proposes:
o A main building on the center of the site (convenience store), and a dispenser fuel canopy on the south portion of the property with a total gross floor area of 14,261 sq. ft. of commercial retail use.
• The developer will be responsible for access related improvements directly attributed to project impacts, which are listed under the Transportation chart of the staff report.
• The project is subject to the requirements of LDC Section 531.51.C (Service Stations/Gas Pumps) which regulates the location of the facility, relationship with adjacent properties, lot dimensions, setbacks, storage of flammable liquid products, interior traffic circulation, number of gas pumps, and allowable accessory use.
• The applicant requests Specific Approval for an alternative of:
• Staff recommends approval of the request with stipulations.
• On March 9, 2017, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Rutledge abstained from the vote.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0060 on February 8, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Race Trac US 301 and Ellenton Gillette - PDC-15-28(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Maps and Aerials.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Preliminary Site Plan .pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Traffic Impact Analysis without appendices.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Specific Approval Letter.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Zoning disclosure affidavit.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - Building Elevation.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 - CIP Fiscal Year 2017 - 2021.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 9 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 10 - Ordinance PDC-15-28(Z)(P) .pdf