|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor Chambers 9:00 am - April 5, 2018|
Agenda Item #5
PDMU-17-30(P) 423 Suwanee Avenue (f.k.a. 423 Partners, LLC) 20170558, Quasi-Judicial, Ryan Todd, Planner I
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Ryan Todd, Planner I, 941-748-4501 ext. 3437
Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning & Zoning Tech/Planning Coordinator
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE Manatee County Ordinance No. PDMU-17-30(P); APPROVE a Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.6, B.1-B.3, and C.1; and GRANT Specific Approval for alternatives to the Land Development Code Sections 1001.6.A (Elimination of the requirement to construct a sidewalk along the north side of Suwanee Avenue); 700, 701, and 900 (Relief from requirement to landscape the eastern portion of the site); and 402.11.D.3 (Adjustment of front and side setbacks established for PDC zoning districts to GC zoning districts), as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Russ Tilton, the applicant, is requesting approval of a preliminary site plan for the redevelopment of a vacant commercial property in an urban corridor and entranceway that is approximately .5096 acres and zoned PDMU. Mr. Tilton is proposing to operate an electric bicycle sales and repair shop.
• The site lies within the ROR (Retail/Office/Residential) Future Land Use Category (FLUC).
• There will be two phases to the redevelopment. During the first phase, a 456 sq. ft. building located to the north of the existing principal structure will be demolished, and a new two-story structure with a 2,394 sq. ft. footprint will be erected in the northeast corner of the site. Proposed programming for the new structure during Phase I is as follows: 1,652 sq. ft. of warehouse, 1,180 sq. ft. of retail, and 552 sq. ft. of office space. During the second phase, the existing principal structure will be demolished and replaced with surface parking, and a three-story structure with a footprint of approximately 2,310 sq. ft. will be erected to the south of the structure erected during Phase I. Proposed programming for the three-story structure is as follows: 1,396 sq. ft. of warehouse, 1,447 sq. ft. of retail, and 1,550 sq. ft. of office space. These uses are permitted in the PDMU zoning district and will meet the specific use criteria set forth in the Manatee County Land Development Code.
• The applicant is requesting Specific Approval for relief from the requirement to construct a sidewalk on the north side of Suwanee Avenue, for relief from the requirement to landscape the eastern portion of the site, and for an adjustment of the required setbacks from those established for PDC (Planned Development Commercial) zoning districts to the setbacks established for GC (General Commercial) zoning districts. Staff supports each of the applicant’s Specific Approval requests.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On March 8, 2018, by a vote of 5 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Rutledge and Mr. DeLesline were absent.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by emails to Matter 2018-0050 on February 5 & 15, 2018.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - 423 Suwanee - PDMU-17-30(P).pdf
Attachment: 2 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: 3 - Preliminary Site Plan.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Exhibit B 423 Suwanee PDMU1730P.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Traffic Impact Statement.pdf
Attachment: 6 - Specific Approval Request Letter.pdf
Attachment: 7 - Correspondence with Airport Authority.pdf
Attachment: 8 - FAA No Hazard Determination.pdf
Attachment: 9 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 10 - Ordinance PDMU-17-30(P) 423 Suwamee Avenue.pdf