|April 3, 2014 Land Use Meeting|
Agenda Item #3
Street Waiver Request for Riker Parcel
Contact and/or Presenter Information
749-3500 Ext 1678
Motion to approve the street numbering waiver request by Stantec Consulting Services on behalf of Neal Communities allowing named streets to be utilized in the proposed Riker project, subject to adoption by the BOCC, Ordinance No. PDR 13-39(Z)(P)/13-S-40/FSP13-69
Section 742 of the Manatee County Land Development Code
- Stantec Consulting Services, on behalf of Neal Communities, is requesting a waiver of the street numbering requirement for the Riker Parcel, a proposed planned residential development.
- The property is located on the north side of the 44th Ave E extension and on the east side of White Eagle Blvd, formerly known as the Pope Rd Extention.
- The site is comprised of approximately 39.02 +/- Acres and the proposed development is 120 single family detached residential units.
- Many of the surrounding subdivisions in this area have requested and received street waiver approvals, with the most recent being Eagle Trace and Esplanade.
- Section 742.8 of the Manatee County Land Development Code allows for a waiver of the street numbering requirement. This section also requires the Manatee County Public Safety Department, Traffic Management Division of Public Works and the fire district to review the waiver request.
- The reviewing agencies have responded with no objection to the waiver request and have indicated that provided the street names chosen are not duplicates, emergency response will not be compromised by the granting of the waiver.
- Vickie Warner, Address Coordinator, will review the names submitted to ensure that they are not duplicates, actually or phonetically.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please provide a copy of the approved agenda memorandum to Vickie Warner (email@example.com), Address Coordinator, Public Safety Department
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Riker Street Waiver Docs.pdf