|Manatee County Government Administrative Building 1112 Manatee Avenue West, First Floor Chambers April 14, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #4
PDMU-91-01(G)(R6) - Gateway North (aka: Artisan Lakes) - DTS20140043 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend APPROVAL of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance PDMU-91-01(G)(R6) with Stipulations, amending and restating Ordinance No. PDMU-91-01(G)(R5); for a project that previously GRANTED Special Approval for: 1) within an Entranceway, 2) containing non-residential greater than 50,000 square feet in the MU FLUC, 3) in the MU FLUC, and 4) exceeding a gross density of 1 dwelling unit per acre in the UF-3 FLUC; and for a project that previously GRANTED Specific Approval for an alternative of the Land Development Code Section 1001.4.D.1 (LDC Section 907.9.4.2, ORD-90-01), as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• The Gateway North (AKA Artisan Lakes) Development of Regional Impact (DRI) is a mixed-use development located at the northwest corner of the I-75 and Moccasin Wallow Road intersection (1,039.2± acres). The General Development Plan (GDP) was originally approved on April 23, 1992 (the DRI was approved on April 9, 1992).
• The GDP has been amended five times (02/24/1994, 08/26/1997, 08/23/2005, 08/07/2008, and 12/02/2010) concurrent with the DRI Development Order. The project is currently approved for a maximum of 2,800 residential units, 445,200 square feet of commercial space, 397,500 square feet of office/warehouse space, and 960,500 square feet of office space. The project also includes a 20-acre school site, a 15.5-acre recreation center, and a 24.3-acre park (dedicated to Manatee County).
• The applicant requests to revise the Zoning Ordinance and General Development Plan to:
o Provide an updated proportionate share calculation for Phase 1,
• Under a separate application, the applicant submitted a Notice of Proposed Change (NOPC) to the DRI.
• A Traffic Impact Analysis has been prepared by the applicant to support the updated proportionate share calculation. Staff agrees with the proposal which is consistent with the provisions of the current law (State Community Planning Act), and includes the mechanism for financing or constructing of the identified transportation improvements for Phase 1 of the Gateway North.
• The build-out date for Phases 1, 2, and 3 is updated to reflect legislative approved extensions granted by HB 7207 (4 year extension), and F.S. 252.363 (326 days + 60 days and 6 months) as follows:
o Phase 1: from 02/20/2022 to 09/13//2027
• The Zoning Ordinance has been updated to reflect the language (numeration) of the recently approved Land Development Code Rewrite - Phase 1 (ORD-15-17), department references, and other various changes related to items that have been completed or are no longer applicable, including the deletion from the GDP of a required emergency access.
• Staff recommends approval
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on March 18, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - Gateway North GDP - PDMU-91-01(G)(R6).pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Gateway North GDP - PDMU-91-01(G)(R6).pdf
Attachment: Transportation Analysis without appendices - PDMU-91-01(G)(R6) - Gateway North GDP.pdf
Attachment: Extenstion Letters - Gateway North GDP - PDMU-91-01(G)(R6).pdf
Attachment: CLOS-10-047 - Gateway North GDP - PDMU-91-01(G)(R6).pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - Gateway North GDP - PDMU-91-01(G)(R6) - 20140043 - Sarasota Herald Tribune Line - 4-14-16 PC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - Gateway North GDP - PDMU-91-01(G)(R6) - 20140043 - Bradenton Herald Line - 4-14-16 PC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Gateway North GDP - PDMU-91-01(G)(R6).pdf
Attachment: General Development Plan - Gateway North GDP - PDMU-91-01(G)(R6).pdf