|Manatee County Government Administrative Building 1112 Manatee Avenue West, First Floor Chambers April 14, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #7
Ordinance 16-16 (fka 15-27) - Heritage Harbour DRI 24 - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Moreland
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Stephanie Moreland, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, the Manatee County Land Development Code, and Section 380.06, Florida Statutes, subject to the conditions of approval established in the Development Order, I move to recommend APPROVAL of Ordinance No.16-16, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
Florida Statutes Section 380.06
• Heritage Harbour Development of Regional Impact (DRI #24 - 2,784.7± acres) is generally located at the intersection of I-75 and SR 64, south of the Manatee River. Parcel 35 (subject of this request) is on the west side of Upper Manatee River Road, approximately one mile north of S.R. 64. The site is in the UF-3 Future Land Use Category (FLUC) and PDMU (Planned Development Mixed Use) zoning and WP-E/ST (/Evers Reservoir Watershed Protection/Special Treatment) Overlay districts.
• In 2000, the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) approved (Ordinance 00-19) Heritage Harbour DRI for a planned mixed use development. There were several revisions to the DRI following the original approval. One of which included a Notice of Proposed Change to modify the project boundaries to add 288.7± acres (a.k.a Parcel 35) on the east side of the project and Map H [March 11, 2008, - Ordinance 08-33)].
• Currently, the Heritage Harbour DRI is approved in two phases for 788,837 square feet of commercial retail space, 170,000 square feet of office space, 300 hotel rooms, 600 beds for ALF, 5,000 residential units (multi-family/single-family attached, single-family detached, single-family semi-detached), 45-Hole Golf Course and 41.2 Acre Park.
• Ms. Misty Servia, authorized agent for Manatee Land Investors, LLC, and Upper Manatee 288, LLC (applicants) requests approval of a Notice of Proposed Change pursuant to Chapter 380.06, Florida Statutes for Parcel 35 of the Heritage Harbour DRI and Map H. The request is accompanied with a companion revision to the Zoning Ordinance and General Development Plan [PDMU-98-08(G)(R7)] and is as follows:
1) Add a Land Use Equivalency Matrix (LUEM) applicable only to Parcel 35;
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on March 24, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerials - Heritage Harbour DRI24 - Ordinance 16-16 fka 15-27.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Heritage Harbour DRI24 - Ordinance 16-16 fka 15-27 - 4-14-16 PC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Heritage Harbour DRI24 - Ordinance 16-16 fka 15-27 - 4-14-16 PC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - Heritage Harbour DRI24 - Ordinance 16-16 fka 15-27 - Sarasota Herald Tribune Line - 4-14-16 PC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - Heritage Harbour DRI24 - Ordinance 16-16 fka 15-27 - Bradenton Herald Line - 4-14-16 PC.pdf
Attachment: Map H - Heritage Harbour DRI24 - Ordinanc e16-16 fka 15-27.pdf
Attachment: Public Comments - Heritage Harbour DRI24 - Ordinance 16-16 fka 15-27.pdf