|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers April 13, 2017 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #6
Z-86-30(G)(R16) - Schroeder Manatee Ranch, Inc./Cypress Banks - 20160511 - MEPS619 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend APPROVAL of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance Z-86-30(G)(R16) with Stipulations, amending and restating Ordinance No. Z-86-30(G)(R15); for a project that previously was GRANTED Special Approval for: 1) a project located in the watershed protection overlay, 2) a mixed-use project in the RES-1 Future Land Use Category; and for a project that was previously GRANTED Specific Approval for an alternative of the Land Development Code Section 1001.4.D.2 (formerly LDC Section 907.9.4.1, per ORD-90-01), as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Darenda Marvin, AICP, Grimes, Goebel, Grimes, Hawkins, Gladfelter & Galvano, P.L., Inc., agent for the owner, is seeking to amend the Cypress Banks General Development Plan to reflect the following changes:
• The Cypress Banks DRI is south of State Road 70, east of I-75, and north of the adjacent University Lakes DRI.
• The present zoning is PDMU (Planned Development Mixed Use).
• The total project size is ± 4,055.7 acres.
• The Applicant has simultaneously submitted an application to amend the Cypress Banks DRI Development Order, as well as the University Lakes DRI Development Order and the University Lakes Zoning Ordinance in conjunction with this request.
• Staff is recommending APPROVAL.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0141 on March 16, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Cypress Banks GDP - Z-86-30(G)(R16).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - GDP.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - CLOS 04-003.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - TIA.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Extension Letters.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 - Ordinance Cypress Bank GDP - Z-86-30(G)(R16).pdf