Report a Complaint


Contact Code Enforcement to report a code violation or file a complaint. Please be prepared to give an address if there is a location related to your complaint. After you file your complaint, a Code Enforcement officer will contact you within 24 hours.

If you choose to file a complaint anonymously, we recommend asking for the name of the assigned officer if you would like to follow up on the case. Please note that if you send an email, the email will become public record.

Submit a complaint online

Phone: (941) 748-2071

Hours of operation: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
To report an unlicensed contractor, call (941) 749-3084

Manatee County Code Enforcement's Most Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I file a complaint?
    The Code Enforcement office will take complaints by:
    Phone: (941) 748-2071
    Written Correspondence: 1112 Manatee Ave. W., Bradenton, Florida 34205
    Attention: Code Enforcement
  • Do you take anonymous complaints?
    Yes, Code Enforcement will take anonymous complaints. However, if you send an email, that email becomes Public Record
  • Who do I contact for any follow up action or information?
    When you file a complaint, the officer is required to contact the complainant. However, if you file the complaint anonymously, ask the clerical staff which officer will be assigned the case so that you will be able to call back and ask for that officer.
  • How many officers are there?
    There are 11 officers with assigned zones, and two field supervisors that handle special assignments (i.e. Nuisance Abatement, Sexual Oriented Businesses, Pain Management Clinics, Unlicensed Contractor Enforcement, Unsafe Structures)
  • What if there are issues going on after regular working hours?
    The officers will rearrange their schedules to do evening and weekend work.
  • When a complaint is filed how long will it be before I hear from the officer?
    The officers are to contact the complainant within 24 hours.