|September 5, 2013 Land Use Meeting|
Agenda Item #4
Ordinance 13-26 - Certified Local Government - Legislative - Kathleen Thompson
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Kathleen Thompson, AICP
941-748-4501 ext. 6841
No action necessary; this is the first of two required public hearings. The second hearing is scheduled for October 3, 2013.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
- Manatee County Government is seeking a Certified Local Government (CLG) certification from the Florida Division of Historic Preservation and the National Park Service.
- The Certified Local Government Program is a preservation partnership between local, state and national governments focused on promoting historic preservation at the local level.
- As a Certified Local Government (CLG), local cultural and historic resources, significant to the history of Manatee County, may be granted a locally significant historic landmark designation. The designation provides protection to those sites worthy of preservation.
- Matching grant funds are available to conduct surveys to identify and evaluate significant historic properties, to fund the preparation of National Register nominations as well as funding development of preservation education materials, publications or other media presentations of the community’s history.
- Once certified, staff must follow specific performance standards:
- Provide the State Historic Preservation Officer (SHPO )with 30 days notice prior to all meetings
- Submit Minutes and Record of Attendance to SHPO within 30 days after each meeting
- Notify SHPO within 30 days of any change in Historic Preservation Board membership
- Hold a minimum of 4 meetings per year
- Provide an Annual Report
- Staff recommends approval.
- On August 15, 2013, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
- A summary of the public comments heard at the August 15, 2013 Planning Commission public hearing are in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague review and responded by email on July 15, 2013.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Certified Local Government Ordinance 13-26 - 9-5-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 13-26 - Certified Local Government - 9-5-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Application Package for Certified Local Government - Ordinance 13-26 - 9-5-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Certified Local Government - Ord. 13-26 - 9-5-13 BC.pdf