|Manatee County Government Administrative Center First Floor, Chambers September 4, 2014 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #24
Ordinance 14-37 - Heritage Harbour DRI - Quasi-Judicial - Shelley Hamilton
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, the Manatee County Land Development Code, and Section 380.06, Florida Statutes, subject to the conditions of approval established in the Development Order, and subject to approval by the Board of County Commissioners of the Amended and Restated Local Development Agreement, I move to APPROVE DRI #24 and Manatee County Ordinance No. 14-37, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Heritage Harbour is an approved multi-use development that includes commercial uses (primarily located adjacent to S.R. 64 and the I-75 interchange); institutional and office uses located north of S.R. 64 and south of Port Harbour Parkway, and residential units spread across the entire property.
• This request is proposed to remove the 12 acre marina from the DRI and designate the parcel to allow the development of 96 single family attached, semi-detached, detached, or multi-family units, and 78 boat slips.
• There is no proposal to increase the total number of dwelling units, but proposed to reallocate residential units from other parcels to the removed marina parcels (Parcels 12 and 13).
• Other modifications are proposed to update phasing and build-out dates to:
• Map H will be amended to reflect the changes as outlined above.
• Staff recommends approval with stipulations.
• On August 14, 2014, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the August 14, 2014 Planning Commission public hearing are in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on July 14, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward three certified copies to Bobbi Roy / Building and Development Services.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - Heritage Harbour DRI - Ord. 14-37 - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Heritage Harbour DRI - Ord. 14-37 - 9-4-2014 BOCC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Heritage Harbour DO - Ord. 14-37- Sarasota Herald Tribune - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Heritage Harbour DRI DO - Ord. 14-37 - Bradenton - 09-04-2014.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Heritage Harbour DRI - Ord. 14-37 - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Map H - Heritage Harbour DRI - Ord. 14-37 - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Public Comments - Heritage Harbour - 9-4-2014 BC Complete as of 8-28-14.pdf
Attachment: Slideshow Planner - Heritage Harbour - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf