|Manatee County Government Administrative Center First Floor, Chambers September 4, 2014 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #27
PDMU-13-37(Z)(P) - Parrish Holdings, LLC; Southern Land Parrish, LLC; Southern Hemisphere Manatee, LLC; and North Manatee Investment, LLC/The Villages of Amazon South - DTS20130374 - B00000234 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDMU-13-37(Z)(P); APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1–A.7, B.1–B.4, C.1–C.3, and D.1–D.7; GRANT Special Approval for a project: 1) in the UF-3 FLUC with a gross residential density exceeding one (1) dwelling unit per acre and 2) any nonresidential project exceeding 30,000 square feet; ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANT Specific Approval of alternatives to Land Development Code Sections 604.10.3.3(k) (requiring a 15-foot building setback for lots adjacent to roadway and greenbelt buffers in the NCO), 714.8.7 (replacement trees), 715.3.4 (canopy trees) and 907.9.4.2 (Dead End Streets exceeding 800-feet [Phase 4, Street “X”]); as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Special Approval is required because the project’s gross residential density exceeds 1 du/ac (1.66 du/ac) and the nonresidential square footage exceeds 30,000 square feet.
• Lot sizes vary depending on the housing type with the minimum single family detached lot size of 40’x120’.
• The Applicant is meeting the minimum standards of the LDC with respect to roadway width (24’) and cul-de-sacs not exceeding 800’ in length without an emergency access. The streets will be private and will be maintained by an HOA or other appropriate legal entity.
• Portions of the Ft. Hamer Road extension will be constructed by the Applicant to provide access to various project phases.
• County potable water and reclaimed water are available. Currently there is no sanitary sewer service available for the site. The Developer has proposed a Local Development Agreement (LDA) to address this issue.
• Sidewalks will be constructed on both sides of the local streets and on both sides of Ft. Hamer Road. Stipulation A.5. requires 5-foot sidewalks to be constructed on Moccasin Wallow Road and U.S. 301.
• 623 acres (51%) are proposed for open space which is located throughout the project and 20 acres of recreational area are also provided and are distributed among the four phases.
• The site has 146 acres of wetlands and impacts are proposed to 0.02 acres for roadway construction.
• The subdivision will have access to Moccasin Wallow Road, Ft. Hamer Road Extension and U.S. 301 North.
• Staff requested and supports the Specific Approvals to reduce tree replacement sizes and one canopy tree per lot frontage. In addition, the Applicant is requesting Specific Approval to reduce the accessory structure setback adjacent to roadway and/or greenbelt buffers because the Applicant is proposing a greenbelt buffer of 35-feet and this buffer provides sufficient space to plant landscaping materials to minimize conflicts with accessory structures and Specific Approval to allow Street X to be a cul-de-sac exceeding 800-feet in length because an emergency or full access will be constructed with Phase 4 when Street X exceeds 800-feet in length.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On August 14, 2014, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on July 15, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - PDMU-13-37(Z)(P) - VillagesOfAmazon -9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Villages of Amazon - PDMU-13-37(Z)(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavits - Villages at Amazon South - PDMU-13-37(Z)(P) - 9-04-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval Request Letter - Villages of Amazon South - PDMU-13-37(Z)(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Special Approval Request Letter - Villages of Amazon South - PDMU-13-37(Z)(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Analysis - Villages at Amazon South - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Villages at Amazon South - PDMU-13-37(Z)(P) - Bradenton - 09-04-2014.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Villages of Amazon South - PDMU-13-37(Z)(P) - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Villages of Amazon South - PDMU-13-37(Z)(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Slideshow - Planner - Villages of Amazon South - PDMU-13-37(Z)(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - Villages at Amazon South - PDMU-13-37(Z)(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf