|September 24, 2013 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #20
R-13-181 Building Permit, Inspection, and other related fees and charges
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Tammy Boggs, Customer Service Support Manager
748-4501 ext. #3817
Adoption of Resolution R-13-181, authorizing revised building permit, inspection, and other related fees, with an effective date of October 1, 2013.
- Florida Statutes 553.80 and Florida Building Code.
- Subsection 125.56(2), Florida Statutes, authorizes the Board of County Commissioners of each county to provide a schedule of reasonable inspection fees in order to defer the costs of inspection and enforcement of the provisions of the Florida Building Code; and
- Subsection 553.80(7), Florida Statutes, authorizes the governing bodies of local governments to provide a schedule of reasonable fees for the enforcement of the provisions of Chapter 553, Part IV, Florida Statutes, the Florida Building Code; and
- Subsection 553.80(7), Florida Statutes, provides that such fees shall be used solely for carrying out the local government's responsibilities in enforcing the Florida Building Code; and
- Subsection 553.80(7), Florida Statutes, specifies the costs which may be funded with fees adopted for enforcing the Florida Building Code; and
- Section 109.1 of the 2010 Florida Building Code prohibits the issuance of a permit until fees authorized under Section 553.80, Florida Statutes, have been paid; and
- Section 109.2 of the 2010 Florida Building Code requires a fee for each permit to be paid, in accordance with the schedule as established by the applicable governing authority.
- The County Administrator's Recommended Budget for FY 2013-2014 included a reduction of building permit fees of 10 percent.
- Resolution R-13-181 is repealing Resolution R-12-202.
- This resolution provides a reduction of most permitting fees by approximately 10 percent.
- Two additional fees were added to the Accessory Structure fee category: Accessory structure less than 120 square feet, in the amount of $150.00, and Pre-fabricated utility shed, in the amount of $100.00.
- An additional fee was added to the Swimming Pool and Spa fee category: Above Ground Pre-fabricated Pool greater than 24 inches in depth, in the amount of $100.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
James R. Cooney reviewed and responded by e-mail on September 13, 2013.
Instructions to Board Records
Please send approved copy of agenda memorandum and attachments to email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Resolution No R-13-181.pdf