|September 23, 2014 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #37
Early Learning Coalition of Manatee County
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Brenda Rogers, Director
Community Services Department, x3489
Andy Guyre, Human Services Division Manager,
Community Services Department, x3493
Appointment of one (1) person to the Early Learning Coalition Board for a period of four (4) years beginning immediately upon appointment.
Florida Statutes 1002.83(4)(h), 1002.83(11), and 20.052(4)(c)
- A total of 6 candidates applied. Sherree Brown, , Kelleigh Gorski, Allen Morrell, Jennifer Passmore, Gretta Sancho, and Walter Sowa.
- The application for Ms. Passmore was received after the deadline due
to erroneous information, provided by ELC leadership, that she was not
required to reapply.
- The term of this appointment shall begin at the next Early Learning Coalition Board meeting following this appointment and will run for four (4) years, ending July 31, 2018.
- F.S. 1002.83 establishes the Early Learning Coalition of Manatee County. The Early Learning Coalition is authorized to implement the provisions of the State of Florida early learning and care legislation in Manatee County.
- F.S. 1002.83(4)(h) requires that one (1) member of the Coalition Board of Directors be appointed by the Board of County Commissioners
- F.S. 1002.83(11) states "Each Early learning coalition shall establish terms for all appointed members of the coalition. The terms must be staggered and must be a uniform length that does not exceed 4 years per term."
- F.S. 20.052(4)(c) relates to advisory bodies, commissions, and boards. It states, "Its members, unless expressly provided otherwise in the State Constitution, are appointed for 4-year staggered terms;"
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs