|Manatee County Government Administrative Center First Floor, Chambers September 4, 2014 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #12
LDCT-14-04/Ordinance 14-24 - Land Development Code Text Amendment - Certified Lot(s) - Legislative - Lisa Barrett
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Planning Section Manager
941-748-4501 ext. 6884
Based upon the Staff Report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and in accordance with Section 503 of the Land Development Code, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Ordinance 14-24, amending the Manatee County Land Development Code, as amended, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• Staff recommends a Code Amendment to Chapter 9, Subdivision Procedures and Standards, and Chapter 2, Definitions to create a new or third type of subdivision.
• Chapter 9 of the Manatee County Land Development Code sets forth the procedures and standards for subdivision of land within the County.
• The problem with the current code provisions is when a third lot or parcel is created from a tract of land. By today’s requirements, the splitting of a parcel (less than 5 acres each) one time does not require subdivision review or approval by Manatee County. The problem occurs with the second split. Once three lots are created, a plat, requiring County review and approval, is required. Unfortunately, this is not typically discovered until the property owner for the third lot tries to obtain a building permit, at which time, the property owner is told they must plat the one lot. This is often time consuming and costly for a property owner who was only expecting to apply and receive a building permit for the construction of a new home. At this point, it is usually too late to require the overall parcel (first two splits) to also enter into the plat, so one (1) lot subdivisions are often created.
• The review process for the Certified Lot(s) will be administrative.
• Staff recommends approval of the amendment.
• On June 12, 2014, by a vote of 5 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
• On August 7, 2014, the Board of County Commissioners held the first of two required public hearing. No action was necessary.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on May 20, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - LDCT-14-04_ORD-14-24 - Certified Lot - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Attach 1 - Review Procedures - LDCT-14-04_ORD-14-24 - Certified Lots - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Attach 2 - Submission Requirements for Completness Review - LDCT-14-04_ORD-14-24 - Certified Lots - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Attach 3 - Distribution of Submittals - LDCT-14-04_ORD-14-24 - Certified Lots -9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Attach 4 - Approval Form - LDCT-14-04_ORD-14-24 - Certified Lots - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Certified Lots LDC Amendment - LDCT-14-04 - Ord. 14-24 - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Certified Lots LDC Amendment - LDCT-14-04 - Ord. 14-24 - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance No. 14-24 Certified Lots - 8-7-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Public Comment Letter - LDCT-14-04-Ord. 14-24 - Certified Lots - 09-04-2014 BC.pdf