|Manatee County Government Administrative Center First Floor, Chambers September 4, 2014 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #26
PDR-14-04(Z)(P) - Cone and Graham, Inc./Willow Walk - DTS20140038 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-14-04(Z)(P); APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1–A.8, B.1–B.2, C.1–C.4, and D.1–D.8; GRANT Special Approval for a project exceeding a gross density of 2 dwelling units per acre and a net density of 3 dwelling units per acre in the RES-3 Future Land Use Category; ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANT Specific Approval of alternatives to Land Development Code Sections 714.8.7 (replacement trees) and 715.3.4 (one canopy tree every 50-linear feet), as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• The site is located in the RES-3 (Residential - 3 dwelling units per gross acre) and the RES-6 (Residential – 6 dwelling units per gross acre) Future Land Use Categories (FLUC).
• Special Approval is required because the project’s gross residential density exceeds 2 du/ac and the net residential density exceeds 3 du/ac in the RES-3 FLUC (2.59 gross du/ac; 3.32 net du/ac).
• Lots sizes vary with the minimum lot size of 40’x120’.
• The Applicant is meeting the minimum standards of the LDC with respect to roadway width (24’) and cul-de-sacs do not exceed 800’ in length. The streets will be public and will be maintained by Manatee County Government.
• Sidewalks will be constructed on both sides of the local streets. A 5-foot sidewalk will be constructed on Ellenton-Gillette and Mendoza Roads.
• 105 acres (38%) are proposed for open space throughout the project and 6 acres of recreational area are also provided.
• The site has 40.51 acres of wetlands and impacts are proposed to 2.63 acres.
• The subdivision will have access to Ellenton-Gillette and Mendoza Road.
• Staff requested and supports the Specific Approvals to reduce tree replacement sizes and one canopy tree per lot frontage.
• On August 14, 2014, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
• A summary of the public comments from the August 14, 2014 Planning Commission public hearing are in the staff report attached to the agenda memo.
• After the Planning Commission public hearing staff and the applicant agreed on a Stipulation regarding fencing adjacent to 40th Avenue East (Lots 482-488). See Stipulation A.8 in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded by email on July 15, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - PDR-14-04 - WillowWalk - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Willow Walk - PDR-14-04(Z)(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit - Willow Walk - PDR-14-04(Z)(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Analysis - Willow Walk - PDR-14-04(Z)(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertisign - Willow Walk - PDR-14-04(Z)(P) - Sarasota Herald - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Willow Walk - PDR-14-04(Z)(P) - Bradenton - 09-04-2014.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance PDR-14-04(Z)(P) - Willow Walk - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan for Willow Walk - PDR-14-04(Z)(P) - 9-4-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: Slideshow Planner - Willow Walk - PDR-14-04(Z)(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf