|Manatee County Government Administrative Center First Floor, Chambers September 4, 2014 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #16
PDR-14-11(P) - Magnolia Ridge at Mote Ranch - DTS20140113 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-14-11(P); APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.4, B.1-B.7, C.1-C.8, and D.1; GRANT Special Approval for a project : 1) within the Watershed Protection Evers Overlay District, 2) within the Special Treatment Overlay District, 3) adjacent to a perennial stream, and 4) with habitable structures located within the 25-year floodplain; ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANT Specific Approval of alternatives to Sections 714.8.7, 715.3.4, 718.104.22.168, and 907.7.3 of the Land Development Code, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The 8.96± acre vacant site is located on the south side of Honore Avenue, approximately one mile east of Lockwood Ridge Road .
• The site is zoned PDR/WP-E/ST (Planned Development Residential/Watershed Protection/Special Treatment Overlay Districts) and within the RES-6 (Residential – six dwelling units per acre) Future Land Use Category (FLUC).
• In 1982, the site was rezone from A1/WP/ST (Suburban Agriculture/Watershed Protection/Special Treatment Overlay Districts) to PDR/WP/ST zoning district, as part of the rezoning and approval of a Conceptual Development Plan for 465 acres (Z-81-55 fka PDR-81-05 – Mote Ranch).
• The current request is to approve a Preliminary Site Plan for a maximum of 14 single-family detached lots. The Preliminary Site Plan proposes:
• The site is located entirely within the Braden River Watershed, and the Coastal Planning Area. It lies in Zone AE (100-year floodplain) with a base flood elevation of 10.1’ NAVD 1988 determined per FIRM 12081C0340E, effective 03/17/2014, and partially within the Manatee County 25-year floodplain. Also, the site is adjacent to Rattlesnake Slough, and “No-Rise Certification” shall be required for any encroachment, including fill, within the regulatory floodway of Rattlesnake Slough.
• Special Approval is required to be granted by the Board of County Commissioners, through the planned development process, for a project:
• The applicant requests Specific Approval to:
• Staff supports all requested Specific Approvals. Staff recommends approval of this request, with stipulations.
• On August 14, 2014, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on July 7, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - PDR-14-11 - MagnoliaRidge - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Magnolia Ridge at Mote Ranch - PDR-14-11(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval Request - Magnolia Ridge at Mote Ranch - PDR-14-11(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement - Magnolia Ridge at Mote Ranch - PDR-14-11(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Magnolia Ridge - PDR-14-11(P) - Bradenton - 09-04-2014.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Magnolia Ridge - PDR-14-11(P) - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Magnolia Ridge - PDR-14-11(P)- 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Slideshow - Planner - Magnolia Ridge - PDR-14-11(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - Magnolia Ridge at Mote Ranch - PDR-14-11(P) - 9-04-2014 BC.pdf