|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor - Chambers November 10, 2016 - 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #2
PDMU-16-05(G) - WSI Land Holdings, LLC/Stonegate Preserve (f/k/a Stonedam Preserve) - DTS20160150 - Quasi-Judicial - Branden Roe, Planner
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Branden Roe, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend APPROVAL of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDMU-16-05(G); APPROVAL of the General Development Plan with Stipulations A.1 - A.2, B.1 - B.3, C.1 - C.7, D.1, and E.1; GRANTING Special Approval for a project: 1) with a gross density exceeding 1 dwelling unit per acre in the UF-3 Future Land Use Category, 2) with a non-residential project exceeding 30,000 square feet in the UF-3 and RES-6 Future Land Use Categories, 3) that is mixed use in the UF-3 and RES-6 Future Land Use Categories, and 4) that is partially located within a geographic area designated as an “Entranceway.” GRANTING Specific Approval of alternatives to Land Development Code Sections 701.3.B.3 and 900.A.6.2 of the Land Development Code, to reduce the required roadway buffer along a classified roadway from twenty (20) feet to fifteen (15) feet; as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• Dianne Fenech, AICP, and Strickland Smith, P.E. with Heidt Design, LLC, agent for WSI Land Holdings, LLC (owner), is requesting approval of a General Development Plan (GDP) for a project named Stonegate Preserve (f/k/a Stonedam Preserver).
• The project was formerly known as Stonedam Preserve, and was previously rezoned from A (General Agriculture) and A-1 (Suburban Agriculture) to PDMU (Planned Development Mixed Use) with a Preliminary Site Plan (PSP) in 2005.Stonedam Preserve received Final Site Plan (FSP) approval in 2007.
• Both the associated PSP and FSP for Stonedam Preserve expired in 2012. As such the entitlements granted to the Stonedam Preserve project are no longer effective, and require a new site plan to be approved for any development to occur on site.
• The agents for the owner have submitted this request to establish new entitlements which are consistent with those which previously expired, the request is identical to the previously approved project.
• The project has three (3) Future Land Use Categories (FLUC); the UF-3 FLUC which provides for a maximum gross residential density of 3.0 du/ac, the RES-6 FLUC which provides for a maximum gross residential density of 6.0 du/ac, and the P/SP(1) FLUC which is designed to recognize existing and programmed public/quasi-public facilities, primarily those for public and private utilities.
• The project is requesting four (4) Special Approvals
1. To allow a project with a gross density exceeding 1 dwelling unit per acre in the UF-3 FLUC
• The project is requesting two (2) Specific Approvals
Both requested Specific Approvals pertain to roadway buffer requirements. The applicant is requesting approval to reduce the required roadway buffer along Buckeye Road from twenty (20) feet to fifteen (15) feet.
• Staff recommends Approval with Stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2016-0749 on October 18, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Stonegate Preserve - PDMU-16-05(G).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 General Development Plan.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 Specific Approval Request.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 School Board Letter.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 Newspaper Advertising.pdf