|Manatee County Government Administrative Chambers First Floor, Chambers December 4, 2014 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #8
PA-14-03 - Ordinance 14-27 - Lakewood Centre North Plan Amendment - DTS20140191 - Legislative - Shelley Hamilton
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the technical support documents, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Community Planning Act as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move ADOPT Plan Amendment PA-14-03, as recommended by staff and Planning Commission.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• The applicant seeks approval of an Amendment to the Future Land Use Map from R/O/R (Retail/Office/Residential – 8.32 + acres) and IL (Industrial Light – 237.59 + acres (to MU-C (Mixed Use – Community) Future Land Use Classification. The property is located south of S.R. 64 and approximately one mile east of Lakewood Ranch Boulevard in Manatee County;
• Additionally, the applicant is requesting a new sub-area map modifying an area currently designated as MU-C/AC-3 (Mixed Use – Community/Activity Center – 3) to MU-C/R (Mixed Use – Community/Residential);
• No development details have been submitted with the map amendment, and details will be reviewed in conjunction with the DRI and ZO amendments at the next stages in the review process. The DRI and ZO amendments will expand the boundaries, if this Comprehensive Plan Map Amendment is approved, however a portion of the already-approved entitlements for the Lakewood Centre DRI will be transferred to the new property;
• An existing Local Development Agreement (LDA) addressed the transportation impacts of any development entitlement associated with the DRI;
• Staff recommends approval.
• On August 14, 2014, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
• On September 4, 2014, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Board of County Commissioners transmitted the Comprehensive Plan Amendment to the Department of Economic Opportunity.
• On October 2, 2014, staff received a “no comment” letter from the Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) relative to this Comprehensive Plan Amendment.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on July 11, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the signed document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Lakewood Centre North Plan Amendment - PA-14-03 - Ord. 14-27 - 12-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Lakewood Centre North Plan Amendment - PA-14-03 - Ord. 14-27 - 12-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Agency Letters - Lakewood Centre North Plan Amendment - PA-14-03 - Ord. 14-27 - 12-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - PA-14-03-Ord. 14-27 - Lakewood Centre North - Bradenton Herald - 12-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - PA-14-03-Ord. 14-27 - Lakewood Centre North PA - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 12-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Slideshow - Planner - Lakewood Centre Plan Amendment - PA-14-03 - Ord. 14-27 - 12-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Updated per CAO for update memoOrdinance - Lakewood Centre North Plan Amendment - PA-14-03 - Ord. 14-27 - 12-4-2014 BC.pdf