|Manatee County Government Administrative Center First Floor, Chambers December 11, 2014 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #6
PDMU-14-22(Z)(P)-DTS20140296-Trevesta (fka Pennington Park)-Quasi-Judicial-Margaret Tusing
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941 748 4501 ext. 6828
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDMU-14-22(Z)(P); APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1 – A.10, B.1, C.1 - C.3, and D.1 - D.6 ; GRANTING Special Approval for a project: 1) in the UF-3 FLUC with a gross residential density exceeding one (1) dwelling unit per acre and a net residential density exceeding three (3) dwelling units per acre; 2) a non-residential project exceeding 30,000 square feet; and 3) any mixed use project (e.g., residential and commercial); ADOPTING Specific Approval of Alternatives to Land Development Code Sections 710.1.4 (Multi-Family Parking Space Requirements), 714.8.7 (Tree Replacement Size), and 715.3.4 (One Canopy Tree Every 50 Linear Feet), as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Donald Neu with Neu Consulting, LLC requesting approval of a Rezone and Preliminary Site Plan for 1,103 residential units consisting of 803 single-family detached and 300 multi-family and 100,000 square feet of neighborhood commercial/retail. The site is approximately 441 acres and is located south of 69th Street East (Erie Road), East of I-75 and north of the Florida Power & Light right-of-way.
• The site is located in the UF-3 (Urban Fringe - 3 dwelling units per gross acre) Future Land Use Category (FLUC).
• The following Special Approvals are required:
• Gross residential density exceeds 1 du/ac (2.50 du/ac)
• Net residential density exceeds 3 du/ac (3.31 du/ac)
• Nonresidential square footage exceeds 30,000 square feet
• Mixed-use project (residential and commercial) in the UF-3 FLUC
• The following Specific Approvals are requested:
• LDC Section 710.1.4 – Multi-Family – 1 Bedroom Units – Parking Space Reduction from 2 spaces/unit to 1.5 spaces/unit
• LDC Section 714.8.7 – Tree Replacement Sizes
• LDC Section 715.3.4 – One Canopy Tree every 50-linear feet
• The residential lot sizes vary from a minimum 40’x120’ (4800 SF) to 60’x120’ (7200 SF).
• The Applicant is meeting the minimum standards of the LDC with respect to roadway width (24’) and cul-de-sacs not exceeding 800’ in length without an emergency access. The streets will be both public and private. The private streets will be maintained by an HOA or other appropriate legal entity.
• Portions of the 60th Avenue East (Buffalo Road) extension will be constructed by the Applicant to provide access to the project phases.
• County potable water and waste water are available.
• Sidewalks will be constructed on both sides of the local streets and 60th Avenue East extension. The Applicant is constructing a 5-foot sidewalk on the south side of Erie Road and has agreed (in a Local Development Agreement) to construct approximately 550-feet of off-site sidewalk which will complete the connection between the project sidewalk and the existing sidewalk on the western boundary of the Fresh Meadows subdivision.
• Approximately 234 acres (53%) are proposed for open space which is located throughout the project and 4-acres of recreational area centrally located which may include a pool, clubhouse, playground, play fields, gathering spaces, etc.. The multi-family recreational opportunities will be part of the multi-family development.
• The site has 75.52 acres of wetlands and impacts are proposed to 7.93 acres. The wetland impacts are for necessary road alignment, lots, and stormwater facilities.
• The project will have access to Erie Road via 60th Avenue East, project Boulevard “P”, and the commercial driveway.
• Staff requested and supports the Specific Approvals to reduce tree replacement sizes and one canopy tree per lot frontage. In addition, the Applicant is requesting Specific Approval to reduce the number of parking spaces for the multi-family 1 bedroom units from 2 spaces/unit to 1.5 spaces/unit. Staff supports this Specific Approval request.
• Staff recommends approval with Stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded on 11-14-2014 and 12-02-2014
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Map FLU-PDMU-14-22(Z)(P)-Trevesta.pdf
Attachment: Map Zoning-PDMU-14-22(Z)(P)-Trevesta-12-11-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Map Aerial-PDMU-14-22(Z)(P)-Trevesta-12-11-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report-PDMU-14-22(Z)(P)-Trevesta (fka Pennington Park)-12-12-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit-PDMU-14-22(Z)(P)-Trevesta (fka Pennington Park)-12-11-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval Request-PDMU-14-22(Z)(P)-Trevesta (fka Pennington Park)-12-11-14 PC .pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Trevesta fka Pennington Park - PDMU-14-22(Z)(P) - Bradenton Herald - 12-11-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Trevesta fka Pennington Park - PDMU-14-22(Z)(P) - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 12-11-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Analysis-PDMU-14-22(Z)(P)-Trevesta-12-11-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Preliminary Site Plan-PDMU-14-22(Z)(P)-Trevesta-12-11-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Public Comments-PDMU-14-22(Z)(P)-Trevesta (fka Pennington Park) 12-11-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Additional Public Comments for Update memo 12-11-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Large Project Analysis-PDMU-14-22(Z)(P)-Trevesta-12.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan updated sheets 4, 7 and 8-PDMU-14-22(Z)(P)-Trevesta-12-11-14 PC.pdf