|REVISED September 23, 2014 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #26
FDEP Beach Nourishment Contract 11ME1, Amendment #2
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Charlie Hunsicker, Director
Authorize the Chairman to execute Amendment #2 to Anna Maria Island Beach Nourishment project agreement 11ME1 with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, and adopt Budget Resolution B-14-080 amending the Annual Budget of Manatee County for Fiscal Year 2014.
- The majority of the Anna Maria Island Beach Renourishment Project is part of the Federal Manatee County Shore Protection Project which was restored in 1993. Nourishment was completed in 2002. In 2005, a portion of the island received federally funded hurricane recovery nourishment. Restoration of the Coquina Beach segment and the City of Anna Maria segment was completed in 2011.
- The Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP), pursuant to Section 161.091 and Section 161.161, Florida Statutes, provides financial assistance to eligible governmental entities for beach erosion control activities under the Florida Beach Management Funding Assistance Program.
- FDEP has determined that 100 percent of the 2014-2015 Anna Maria Island Beach Renourishment Project cost is eligible for State cost sharing.
- FDEP Agreement 11ME1 was executed by the Board on January 10, 2012.
- Amendment #1 increasing the State funding an additional $421,482 and extending the completion date to December 15, 2016, was executed September 23, 2013.
- Amendment #2 increases the State funding an additional $1,782,250 and extends the completion date to December 31, 2017. Manatee County's matching funds are also increased $1,782,250. These additions are being provided to offset the construction costs of the Coquina Beach Project and to provide design costs for the Cortez Groins.
- Adoption of Resolution B-14-080 is requested to amend the annual budget of Manatee County for FY 2013-2014. Manatee County's matching funds are already budgeted.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (Utilizes exact document or procedure approved within the last 18 months)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Send two signed original agreements to Jayne Roberts, Parks & Natural Resources Department, for transmittal to Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Beach Erosion Capital Projects Fund
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: 11ME1_A2-Anna Maria Island Beach Nourishment Project.pdf
Attachment: Budget Resolution B-14-080.pdf