|REVISED September 11, 2014 -Planning Commission|
Agenda Item #9
PDR-08-03(P)-Dakin Homestead Property-Quasi-Judicial-Rossina Leider
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-08-03(P); APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.6, B.1-B.4, C.1-C.4, D.1-D.6, and E.1; GRANTING Special Approval for a project: 1) exceeding a gross density of one (1) dwelling unit per acre in the UF-3 FLUC, and 2) with habitable structures located within the 25-year floodplain; ADOPTION of the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANTING Specific Approval of an alternatives to Sections 714.8.7, and 715.3.4 of the Land Development Code, as recommended by Staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The 238.12± acres predominately vacant site is located south of SR 62 and north of CR 675, approximately 1.25 miles east of US 301 North.
• The site is zoned PDR/NCO (Planned Development Residential/North Central Overlay District) and within the UF-3 (Urban Fringe – three dwelling units per acre) Future Land Use Category (FLUC).
• On 11/04/10 the Board of County Commissioners rezoned the site from A/NCO (General Agriculture/North Central Overlay) to PDR (Planned Development Residential) retaining the overlay district, and approved a General Development Plan for a maximum of 448 residential units, including single-family detached and single-family attached units.
• The current request is to approve a Preliminary Site Plan for a maximum of 584 single-family detached lots in two phases (Phase 1 for 288 lots and Phase 2 for 296 lots). The Preliminary Site Plan proposes:
- Two access points through boulevard entrances from SR 62 (arterial roadway) and CR 675 (collector roadway). No inter-neighborhood ties have been proposed with this submittal.
- Lots located along both sides of 24 feet wide internal roadways (50 feet wide public right-of-way), with a minimum lot size of 5,040 sq. ft. (42’ x 120’).
- A gross and net density of 2.46 and 2.86 dwelling units per acre respectively.
- A 50-foot wide roadway buffer along SR 62 and CR 675, and a 20-foot wide greenbelt landscape buffer along the west and east (partially) property boundaries. Landscaping will be in accordance to the North Central Overlay regulations, and adequate separation from active agricultural uses to the west (55 feet minimum) has been provided.
- 5-foot wide sidewalk along one side of the internal roadway, and 5 feet wide external sidewalk within the right-of-way of SR 62 and CR 675.
- Main stormwater management facilities and floodplain compensation area in the east portion of the site and additional retention ponds internal to residential blocks.
- 30% of the site designate as open space (71.44 acres) and 4.39-acre recreational area including optional amenities, and
- 3.53 acres of wetland impacts, and 8.46 acres of upland preservation as wetland mitigation.
• Site lies in Zones “X” & “AE” with a Base Floor Elevation (BFE) between 19.5'-20' NAVD 1988 and “A” with no BFE and the regulatory floodway of Gamble Creek per FIRM Panel 12081C0185E, effective 3/17/2014, and partially within the Manatee County 25-year floodplain. The project area is also incorporated into the adopted Gamble Creek Watershed Study.
• The site will be served by County water. There is a 30” waterline adjacent to CR 675.
• Currently there is no sanitary sewer service available for the site per the County’s North County Wastewater Master Plan. The Developer shall be responsible for extending sanitary sewer service to the site and connecting to the sanitary sewer system in accordance with the County’s utility engineering standards. The Developer has proposed a Local Development Agreement (LDA) to provide for the construction of improvements and payment of fees or proportionate fair share contributions to extend sanitary sewer to the site.
• Special Approval is required to be granted by the Board of County Commissioners, through the planned development process, for a project:
- Gross density exceeding one dwelling unit per acre in the UF-3 FLUC
- With habitable structures located within the Manatee County 25-year floodplain.
• The applicant requests Specific Approval to:
- Reduced replacement tree sizes (LDC Section 714.8.7)
- To allow one canopy tree per lot frontage (LDC Section 715.3.4)
Staff supports all requested Specific Approvals. Staff recommends approval of this request, with stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on August 19, 2014
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Dakin Homestead Property - PDR-08-03(P) - Bradenton Herald - 9-11-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising -Dakin Homestead Property - PDR-08-03(P) - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 9-11-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Maps FLU-zonning-aerial-Dakin Homestead Property 9-11-14pc.pdf
Attachment: Preliminary Site Plan-Dakin Homestead Property 9-11-14pc.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval letter-Dakin Homestead Property 9-11-14pc.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report PDR-08-03(P)-Dakin Homerstead Property 9-11-14pc.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Analysis Approval - Dakin Homestead Property - PDR-08-03(P) - 9-11-2014 PC.pdf