|REVISED September 10, 2015 - Planning Commission|
Agenda Item #3
PDMU-15-03(Z)(G) – North River Land LV, LLC/ Travis 55- DTS20150050 - Quasi-Judical- Stephanie Moreland
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Stephanie Moreland, Principal Planner
Danielle Walker, Planning Tech II
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No.
PDR/PDMU-15-03(Z)(G); and APPROVAL of the General Development Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.7, B.1–B.4, C.1-C.3, and D.1-D.2; GRANTING Special Approval for: 1) a mixed use project in Option A; 2) a project in Parrish requiring Commercial Node Designation at the corner of Fort Hamer Road and Mulholland Road; 3) a project exceeding a gross density of one dwelling unit per acre in UF-3 Future Land Use Category (FLUC); and 4) a project exceeding a net density of three dwelling units per acre in UF-3 FLUC; as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
- Mr. John Cavoli, agent for North River Land LV, LLC/Travis 55, requests approval of a rezone of approximately 55.19 acres from A-1/NCO (Agricultural Suburban - One dwelling unit per acre/North Central Overlay District) to PDMU (Planned Development Mixed Use) zoning district; retaining the North Central Overlay District; and a General Development Plan for 156 lots for single-family semi-detached residences and a three-acre neighborhood retail or office site for Option A, or 164 lots for single-family semi-detached residences in Option B.
- The site is at the northeast corner of Mulholland Road and Fort Hamer Road. The site is in the North Central Overlay District and subject to all applicable requirements listed in LDC Section 403.12. Special Approval is required for a project in the North Central Overlay District.
- The site is in the UF-3 (Urban Fringe-three dwelling units per acre) Future Land Use Category (FLUC). UF-3 FLUC lists suburban or urban residential uses, and retail, wholesale or office commercial uses neighborhood or community serving, in the range of potential uses for consideration. Special Approval is required for a mixed use project in Option A, a project in Parrish requiring a commercial node at the corner of Fort Hammer Road and Mulholland Road, a project exceeding a gross density (2.99 dwelling units per acre) of one dwelling unit per acre and net density (3.89) of three dwelling units per acre in UF-3 FLUC.
- To be considered for commercial development, Manatee County Comprehensive Plan Land Use Operative Provision, E, requires any site in UF-3 FLUC to be a minimum of 1,500 feet from an intersection of two functional-classified roadways.
- The site has frontage on Fort Hamer Road (Arterial) and Mulholland Road (Collector). Additionally, Manatee County Comprehensive Plan Table 5-1, requires Special Approval by the Board of County Commissioners for a commercial node designation at this location. If approval is granted, the site will meet commercial locational criteria and is then eligible for commercial development.
- Planned development is the process necessary to achieve Special Approval. Planned development zoning also provides greater flexibility for the project when establishing appropriate buffers and setbacks to help mitigate potential adverse impacts.
- The site is in the A, and X Flood Zone Categories (FIRM Panel 12081C0195E, effective March 17, 2014). No impacts are proposed to the 7.053± acres of wetlands.
- The Land Development Code (LDC) requires two means of access for a project with more than 100 units. The General Development Plan shows access via a boulevard entrance connecting Fort Hamer Road and an emergency access connecting an existing roadway in Chelsea Oaks Subdivision to the east.
- Schools servicing this site are Williams Elementary, Buffalo Creek Middle and Palmetto High schools.
- There are 50-foot wide landscaped roadway buffers proposed to be installed along Fort Hamer Road and Mulholland Road which meet the requirements of the North Central Overlay District and will help to alleviate any potential noise impacts from vehicles traveling on Fort Hamer Road and Mulholland Road. The required 20-foot wide landscaped perimeter buffer is proposed along the northern and eastern boundaries adjacent to residential lots in Chelsea Oaks Subdivision.
- Staff recommends approval with stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps- FLU, Zoning, Aerials- Travis 55 - PDR-15-03(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit- Travis 55- PDR-15-03(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: Request for Special Approval- Travis 55- PDR-15-03(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Travis 55 - PDR-15-03(Z)(G) - Bradenton Herald- 9-10-15BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Travis 55 - PDR-15-03(Z)(G) - Sarasota Herald - 9-10-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report- Travis 55- PDR-15-03(Z)(G)- DTS20150050.pdf
Attachment: Public Comment Letter - Travis 55 - PDR-15-03(Z)(G) - 9-10-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: GDP- Travis 55- PDR-15-03(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement - Travis 55 - PDR-15-03(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: 150910 PC_docs.pdf