|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - September 10, 2013|
Agenda Item #18
FYs 2010-2013 SHIP Annual Report
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Denise L. Thomas/Ext. 3474
Approval and acceptance of the SHIP Annual Report and authorization for the Chairman to sign the letter of transmittal and required State forms to transmit Manatee County's State Housing Initiative Partnership (SHIP) Annual Report for Fiscal Years 2010-2011 through 2012-2013 in accordance with Florida State Statutes 420.9075.
Florida State Statute 420.9075
Manatee County Ordinance 93-44
Comprehensive Plan Objective 6.1.1 - Affordable Housing
Resolution R-09-091, 2009-2012 Local Housing Assistance Plan; Resolution R-09-149, as amended to the 2009-2012 Local Housing Assistance Plan
Resolution R-12-076, 2012-2015 Local Housing Assistance Plan
State Statute 420.9075(10) requires each county or eligible municipality to submit to the Florida Housing Finance Corporation (FHFC), by September 15th of each year, a report of its affordable housing programs and accomplishments through June 30th.
The annual report specifically details the County's distribution of funds expended and encumbered from fiscal year(s) 2010-2011 through 2012-2013.
As required, the annual report verifies that the County's SHIP program is in conformance with the appropriate SHIP rules and regulations and includes the following information:
1. The number of households served by income category, age, family size and race, and data regarding any special needs populations, such as farmworkers, homeless persons, persons with disabilities and the elderly. Counties shall report this information separately for households served in the unincorporated area and each municipality within the county.
2. The number of units and the average cost of producing units under each local housing assistance strategy.
3. The average area purchase price of single family units and the amount of rent charged for a rental unit based on unit size.
4. By income category, the number of mortgages made, the average mortgage amount, and the rate of default.
5. A description of the status of implementation of each local housing incentive strategy, or if applicable, the local housing incentive plan as set forth in the local government's adopted schedule for implementation.
6. A concise description of the support services that are available to the residents of affordable housing provided by local programs.
7. The sales price or value of housing produced and an accounting of what percentage was financed by the local housing distribution, other public moneys and private resources.
8. Such other data or affordable housing accomplishments considered significant by the reporting county or eligible municipality or by FHFC.
Availability of the proposed report for public inspection and comment was advertised on August 29, 2013, through the Bradenton Herald. All written comments received will be transmitted to FHFC for consideration.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return one original of all signed documents and a signed transmittal letter to Denise Thomas, ext. 3474
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: FY2010-2013 SHIP Annual Report.pdf
Attachment: SHIP Annual Report Transmittal Ltr.pdf
Attachment: SHIP Certifications AR 07.pdf
Attachment: SHIP RegulatoryCertification.pdf