|REVISED October 8, 2013 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #25
Street Waiver Request for University Groves West
Contact and/or Presenter Information
749-3500 Ext 1678
Motion to approve the street numbering waiver request by Sean Crowell, on behalf of the developer of University Groves West Subdivision, to allow street names to be used in the subdivision.
Section 742 of the Manatee County Land Development Code
- Sean Crowell, P.E., AM Engineering, on behalf of the developer of University Groves West Subdivision, is requesting a waiver of the street numbering requirement to allow street names to be utilized in this development.
- The site contains 48.763 +/- acres and the proposed development is a 133 lot single family residential subdivision. The preliminary site plan has already been approved by the Board.
- In this area of the county many of the singular roadways are named. The project to the east known as the Enclave At University Groves, received a street waiver approval on May 23, 2006. A named connector roadway will extend from the Enclave @ University Groves into this project.
- Section 742 of the Manatee County Land Development Code allows for a waiver of the street numbering requirement. This section also requires the Manatee County Public Safety Department, Public Works and Southern Manatee Fire District to review the request for emergency response.
- The reviewing agencies have responded with no objection to the waiver request and have indicated that provided the street names chosen are not duplicates, emergency response will not be compromised by the granting of the waiver.
- Vickie Warner, Address Coordinator, will review the names submitted to ensure that they are not duplicates.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please provide a copy of the approved agenda memorandum to Vickie Warner (firstname.lastname@example.org), Address Coordinator, Public Safety Department.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: University Groves West Attachments.pdf