|REVISED October 7, 2014 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #18
FY 2014/15 Manatee Glens NonProfit Agency Funding Agreements
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Contact: Lynette Miralla - ext 3484
Presenter: Andy Guyre - ext 3493
Authorization for the County Administrator to execute ten (10) non-profit agency funding agreements with Manatee Glens Corporation for the time period October 1, 2014, through September 30, 2015.
F.S. Chapter 125; F.S. 394 Part I (Baker Act); Manatee County Ordinance 91-42 (Children's Services Ordinance)
- Baker Act Adult - $709,745 General and Health Care Funds
Inpatient psychiatric stabilization services to adult Manatee County residents who have been determined a threat to themselves or others due to mental illness.
- Rape Crisis (Adult) - $52,343 General Funds
Rape Crisis Services to adult Manatee County residents victims of sexual assault, their families or significant others, or to victims of sexual assault which occurred in Manatee County
- Inpatient and Residential Detoxification $811,100 General and Health Care Funds
Inpatient substance abuse detoxification services to adult Manatee County residents that cannot safely detoxify in any other setting due to the severity of their withdrawal symptoms
- Addictions Emergency Response Services (Marchman Act) - $450,000 Health Care Fund
Emergency assessment and treatment to adult Manatee County residents who have been determined a threat to themselves or others due to substance abuse
- Mental Health Transport – $93,970 General Funds
In-county mental health specialized transportation from the Manatee Memorial Hospital Emergency Department to Manatee Glens, state designated public receiving facility, and Out-of-County from the public facility to a State Hospital Facility
- Aging Services - $5,225 General Funds
Mental Health Assessments and treatment services to aging residents, their caregivers, and disabled adults.
- Drug Court Residential - $14,140 General Funds
Inpatient residential substance abuse treatment services to adults referred by Manatee County Drug Court Coordinator.
- Children’s Community Action Team (CAT) - $543,916 Children’s Services Dedicated Millage
Individual and family therapy, mentoring support, case management, psychiatric evaluations, nursing assessments, medication management, coaching on effective parenting skills, crisis support, in-home/onsite services, tutoring, and family respite.
- Baker Act Youth - $130,441 Children’s Services Dedicated Millage
Inpatient crisis stabilization, needs assessment, appropriate treatment planning, medication evaluation and monitoring, individual, group, and family therapy, educational groups and activities, case management services, a safe and secure environment and follow-up and referral care of clients
- Rape Crisis Child Advocacy and Therapy - $99,747 Children’s Services Dedicated Millage
Services to children who are victims of sexual abuse and their families which include: 24/7 hot line, crisis stabilization, understanding their rights and available services, accompaniment to forensic exams and law enforcement interviews, lineups, photo pack sessions, assistance with victim compensation claims, court related interviews, depositions, hearings, trials, and crisis support at crime scene.
- On 9/18/14 the Board of County Commissioners adopted the FY 2014/15 budget that included funding for non-profit agencies.
- FY 2014/15 agreements are needed at this time with Manatee Glens to provide appropriate funding mechanism and service level accountability for the current fiscal year.
- Agreements specify that Manatee Glens must perform required levels of service and submit, among other items, proof of appropriate insurance. Special conditions provide for program-specific contract requirements.
- Manatee Glens may be visited multiple times through the contract year by the Community Services Department staff members conducting program and other site visits. Monthly desk reviews are also conducted.
- Manatee Glens Corporation receives up to 25% local match.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
One of each fully executed agreement to Community Services.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$2,910,627.00 various accounts
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Agenda Sample Agreement.pdf