|Manatee County Government Administrative Center First Floor, Chambers 9:00 a.m. - October 2, 2014|
Agenda Item #7
PA-14-04/Ordinance 14-34 - DTS20140263 - 24/7 Development Holdings, LLC/Bayshore Blackrock - Legislative - Kathleen Thompson, AICP
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Kathleen Thompson, AICP
941-748-4501 ext. 6841
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the technical support documents, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Community Planning Act as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to APPROVE Plan Amendment PA-14-04, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• The small scale amendment site is less than 2 acres of a larger parcel (75±
• The site is home to the original Bayshore High School which has since been demolished and reconstructed further south on the parcel.
• The School Board of Manatee County designated the amendment site as surplus and entered into a contract to sell 1.64± acres to 24/7 Development Holdings, LLC.
• The amendment site is part of an obsolete parking lot area that was used by the former high school.
• The applicant is requesting a Future Land Use Map amendment from the existing future land use category of P/SP(2) [(Public/Semi-Public(2)] to R/O/R (Retail/Office/Residential).
• The retail/office/residential (R/O/R) future land use designation exists at the northwest and southwest corners. The northeast corner (Boys Club site) is a residential future land use designation (RES-6) that has the potential for neighborhood serving commercial uses.
• The applicant also submitted a concurrent rezone request to amend the existing PDPI (Planned Development Public Interest) zoning district to the GC (General Commercial) zoning district. (Z-14-03) The zoning will not become effective until the plan amendment is effective.
• Per Florida Statutes 163.3187, a small scale amendment of 10 acres or less requires only one hearing before the Planning Commission and one hearing before the BOCC. The amendment becomes effective 31 days after board approval if not challenged.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On September 11, 2014, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on August 12, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the signed document to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - PA-14-04 Ord. 14-34 Bayshore Blackrock 10-2-2014 Bc.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Bayshore Blackrock - PA-14-04 - Bradenton Herald - 10-2-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Bayshore Blackrock - PA-14-04 - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 10-2-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: ORDINANCE 14-34 BayshoreBlackrock - PA-14-04 - 10-2-2014 BC.pdf