|Manatee County Government Administrative Center First Floor, Chambers 9:00 a.m. - October 2, 2014|
Agenda Item #9
PDMU-04-21(P) - Parkcrest Landings, LLC/Parkcrest Landings - DTS20140054 - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Moreland
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE Preliminary Site Plan PDMU-14-21(P) with Stipulations A.1–A.6, B.1 – B.3 and C.1; GRANTING Special Approval for a project: 1) exceeding a gross density of 4.5 dwelling units per acre in the RES-6 Future Land Use Category; 2) exceeding a net density of six dwelling units per acre in the RES-6 FLUC; 3) in an Entranceway; 4) partially in the Coastal Evacuation Area (CEA); 5) partially in the Coastal High Hazard Area (CHHA) and Coastal High Hazard Overlay District; ADOPTION of the Findings for Specific Approval; RESTATING Specific Approval for alternatives to Sections 712.2.8 (second means of access), and 907.9.4.2 (cul-de-sac length exceeding 800 feet); GRANTING Specific Approval for an alternative to Section 714.8.7 (smaller replacement tree sizes) of the Land Development Code, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
The 67.00+/- acre site is on the north side of S.R. 64, west of Cypress Creek Boulevard, at 6219 S.R. 64 East, Bradenton. The site was part of a 95.3 +/- acre site.
The site is in the RES-6 (Residential, six dwelling units per acre) Future Land Use Category (FLUC).
On October 5, 2006, the entire site was rezoned to PDMU and a Preliminary Site Plan [PDMU-05-46(Z)(P)] was approved for a motor vehicle sales, rental, leasing establishment (with associated accessory uses) and 372 lots for single-family attached residences. The commercial component is constructed (Lakewood Toyota Dealership). The residential component received Final Site Plan (FSP-13-22) approval for 376 units (four units added administratively) and is being constructed as a multi-family project.
The current request is to change the residential component to multi-family units from single-family attached lots; add 28 units for a total of 400 multi-family units; two clubhouses, a fitness center, pool, and playground; detached garages with storage, a leasing office, mail kiosk and maintenance building.
• Special Approval is required for a gross density exceeding 4.5 dwelling units per acre and net density exceeding six dwelling units per acre.
• Special Approval is required because the site is in an Entranceway and partially in the Coastal Evacuation Area (CEA), Coastal High Hazard Area (CHHA) and Coastal High Hazard Overlay District. Staff recommends a Hurricane Evacuation Plan be approved or updated by the Emergency Management Division of the Public Safety Department.
• The site is in a Flood Zone AE Category per Panel 12081C0190E and 12081C0326E, (3/17/14).
• The maximum building height proposed is 35 feet.
• The site has access via a local road (1st Avenue East) which connects Cypress Creek Boulevard. Additionally, the Preliminary Site Plan shows an emergency access connecting SR 64.
• There are 11.3± acres of wetlands. Minimal wetland impacts of 0.02± acres are proposed.
• Schools servicing this site are BD Gullett Elementary, Carlos B. Haile Middle, and Braden River High Schools.
• Specific Approval was granted with the previous approval for a second means of access, and a cul-de sac exceeding 800 feet in length. The applicant requests Specific Approval for smaller replacement tree sizes with this request.
• Staff recommends approval with stipulations.
• On September 11, 2014, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on August 12, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - PDMU-14-21(P) - Landings at Parkview - 20140054 - 10-2-2014 bc.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Parkcrest Landings - PDMU-14-21(P) - 10-2-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement - Parkcrest Landings - PDMU-14-21(P) - 10-2-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Elevations - Parkcrest Landings - PDMU-14-21(P) - 10-2-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Parkcrest Landings - PDMU-14-21(P) - Bradenton Herald - 10-2-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Parkcrest Landings - PDMU-14-21(P) - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 10-2-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Parkcrest Landings - PDMU-14-21(P) - 10-2-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Request of Specific Approval PDMU-14-21(P)-Parkcrest Landings 10-2-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Slideshow - Planner - Parkcrest Landings - PDMU-14-21(P) - 10-2-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - Parkcrest Landings - PDMU-14-21(P) - 10-2-2014 BC.pdf