|Manatee County Government Administrative Center First Floor Chambers November 5, 2015 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #8
LDCT-15-01/Ordinance 15-29 - Land Development Code Amendment - Scriveners Errors - Legislative - Lisa Barrett
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Lisa Barrett, Planning Manager, 941-748-4501 ext. 6884
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
No action necessary; this is the first of two required public hearing. The second public hearing is scheduled for December 3, 2015.
Section 163.3202, Florida Statutes
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• On June 9, 2015 the Board of County Commission approved Ordinance 15-17, providing for an Amended and Restated Land Development Code (LDC).
• The Amended and Restated Code was a major “housecleaning,” primarily targeted at reorganizing and better clarifying the language and regulations in the LDC.
• The reorganization included: 1) moving, consolidating, and deleting repetitive language; 2) deleting titles and adding others for consistency; 3) updating cross-references internally; 4) updating cross-references to Florida Statutes; 5) removing Public Works and Property Maintenance Standards from the Code into separate Manuals; and 6) making modifications to reflect current practice.
• As staff has started to implement the code in their reviews, some errors have been noted. This is not uncommon with a re-organization of this size and scale. Many of the “errors” or “glitches” are simply items that were missed, omitted by error, or typographical errors.
• This is the first round of general “clean-ups” to the LDC. As staff and the public continue to work with the LDC, more changes and corrections are anticipated. Staff will bring forward additional amendments in the near future.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On October 8, 2015, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - LDCT15-01 - Ordinance 15-29 - LDC Amendment - 11-05-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - LDCT-15-01 - Ord. 15-29 - LDC Amendment .pdf
Attachment: Attachment to SR - Todd Boyle E-mails.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - LDCT-15-01 Ord. 15-29 - LDC Scriveners Errors - Bradenton Herald - 11-5-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - LDCT-15-01 Ord. 15-29 - LDC Scriveners Errors - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 11-5-15 BC.pdf