|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor - Chambers November 3, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #4
PDR-15-11(Z)(P) - Gigliotti/The Floridian at Moccasin - DTS20150226 - Quasi-Judicial - Branden Roe, Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Branden Roe, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-15-11(Z)(P); APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. John F. Cavoli, P.E. with Cavoli Engineering, Inc. agent for the property owner is requesting approval of a Rezone and Preliminary Site Plan for 306 multi-family residential units.
• The property is approximately 59.68 acres located on the south side of Moccasin Wallow Road, approximately 1.75 miles east of the I-75/Moccasin Wallow Road interchange and commonly known as 9009 Moccasin Wallow Road, Parrish.
• The site is located in the RES-6 (Residential – 6 dwelling units per gross acre) Future Land Use Category (FLUC).
• The following Special Approval is required: exceeding a gross density of 4.5 dwelling units per acre in the RES-6 Future Land Use Category.
• The following Specific Approval is required: Specific Finding that the Amenity Center (Building 1 as shown on the Preliminary Site Plan) exceeding 35 feet in height is consistent with LDC Section 402.7.D.9 in that the development, as stipulated, is compatible with the surrounding area and will not create any external impacts that would adversely affect surrounding development.
• County potable water and waste water are available by connection or extension.
• The project provides internal sidewalks as shown between all parking areas and proposed buildings. The project also provides external sidewalks along Moccasin Wallow Road.
• Recreational amenities proposed are a pool and a 5,258 square foot amenity center.
• There are 5 wetlands on site totaling 1.906± acres. There are no proposed impacts to wetlands or required wetland buffers.
• Staff recommends approval with Stipulations.
• On October 13, 2016, by a vote of 5 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2016-0687 on September 13, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and the letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Floridian at Moccasin - PDR-15-11(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerials.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - PSP.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Zoning Disclosure Gigiliotti Trust.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Zoning Disclosure Barrington Group.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6(a) - Height Request Letter.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6(b) - Height Request Amenity Rendering.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - School Report The Floridian at Moccasin 306 MF.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 - Traffic Impact Analysis without appendices.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 9 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 10 - Ordinance PDR-15-11(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Update Memo Information for Floridian at Moccasin.pdf