|REVISED November 19, 2013 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #29
Interlocal Agreement with Sarasota County - Traffic Management Center (TMC)
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Sage Kamiya, Deputy Director - Traffic Management, Ext. 7425
Vishal S. Kakkad, Traffic Design Division Manager, Ext. 7812
Authorization for the Chairman to execute the attached Interlocal Agreement for joint participation between Manatee County and Sarasota County for the operation and maintenance of the Traffic Management Center (TMC).
Florida Statutes, Chapter 163
- The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) has encouraged the creation of, and has agreed to provide funds toward, a unified regional Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) for Sarasota and Manatee Counties.
- In May 2005, the Florida Department of Transportation, Sarasota County, Manatee County, the City of Sarasota, and the City of Bradenton entered into an Interlocal Agreement for cooperation and coordination in the operation of a Unified Intelligent Transportation Management System. The May 2005 Interlocal Agreement defines a proportional share and allocation of costs, based on population.
- Sarasota County will conduct traffic signal management out of the Traffic Management Center located within Manatee County's Public Safety building.
- Sarasota County has agreed to participate in the operation and maintenance of the communication network and connected traffic control devices.
- An Interlocal Agreement between Manatee County and the City of Bradenton was approved by the Board of County Commissioners on June 7, 2011.
- Similar agreement with the City of Sarasota is covered under a separate agenda item.
- Sarasota County and the Manatee County Public Works staff have negotiated the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Sarasota County and Manatee County desire to enter into an Interlocal Agreement providing for the participation and sharing of personnel engaged in the operation and maintenance of the Traffic Management Center and related infrastructure. Sarasota County will bear its proportional share of the ongoing operational and maintenance costs of the Traffic Management Center associated with such operation, and proportional allocation shall be based upon population pursuant to the May 2005 Interlocal Agreement.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return one executed original and one executed copy to Carmen Mosley, Fiscal Services Division, Public Works Department, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
101-0020708 Transportation Trust / Traffic Management Center
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
$454,284 (Estimated Annual) Operating Budget
Attachment: Interlocal Agreement_2005-366.pdf
Attachment: SchulhoferR_ Sarasota County_TMC Agreement_RLS Memo_13-128_Response.pdf
Attachment: TMC Operation & Maint Interlocal Agreement _10-22-13.pdf