|Planning Commission Manatee County Government, Administrative Center 1112 Manatee Avenue West First Floor, Commission Chambers, 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #10
PDR-13-38(Z)(G) – DEL WEBB AT LAKEWOOD RANCH - DTS 20130432 - QUASI - JUDICIAL - SHELLY HAMILTON
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501, ext. 6863
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-13-38(Z)(G); APPROVAL of the General Development Plan with Stipulations A.1 - A.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Ms. Darenda Marvin ,Grimes Goebel Grimes Hawkins, Gladfelter & Galvano, (agent), requests approval of a rezone and a General Development Plan for 1,300 residential dwelling units for single-family detached, single family attached, and multi-family residences. The site has approximately 643.35 acres located south of S.R. 70, approximately 1 ½ miles east of the intersection with Lorraine Road and bordered on the east by Bourneside Boulevard and on the south by The Masters Avenue, and eat of Lakewood Ranch Country Club East.
• The project is planned to have private streets, with access to S.R. 70 and the future extension of The Masters Avenue. There is also an inter-neighborhood tie to the west into Country Club East. The community will contain up to three active recreational areas, and a major trail system for connectivity to the activity areas.
• The site has 52.72 ± acres of wetlands, with the only impact being to 0.24 acres to the Stream and Lake Swamp wetland to provide for an inter-neighborhood tie.
• The closest school, Willis Elementary School, exceeds the two mile limit for the provision of sidewalks on both sides of the internal roadway. The GDP does show sidewalks along one side of the internal streets, and the provision of a major trail system internal to the side.
• The following Specific Approvals were requested, either by the applicant or staff:
– LDC Section 714.8.7, requiring replacement trees to be a certain caliper – Staff recommends APPROVAL;
• In summary, the proposal provides for integration, and compatibility with surrounding land uses and eliminates the creation of isolated neighborhoods, as well as, provides reciprocal access of existing adjacent developments.
• The proposal to provide inter-neighborhood ties furthers the intent of the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan because it encourages connectivity and vehicular access between neighborhoods.
• Staff recommends APPROVAL with the recommended stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded via email on 04/09/2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - PDR-13-38 - DelWebb - 20130432 - 140508 PC .pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - PDR-13-38 - DelWebb - 20130432 - 140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval Request - PDR-13-38 - DelWebb - 20130432 - 140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: Alternate Street Layout - PDR-13-38 - DelWebb - 20130432 - 140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Analysis- PDR-13-38 - DelWebb - 20130432 - 140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - PDR-13-38(Z)(P) - Del Webb - 05-08-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plans - PDR-13-38 - DelWebb - 20130432 - 140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: Req for Addtl Time - Ltr to PC Chairman Bedford.pdf
Attachment: Update Memo for Planning Commission.pdf