|Planning Commission Manatee County Government, Administrative Center 1112 Manatee Avenue West First Floor, Commission Chambers, 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #6
PDR-14-05(Z)(P) – JOHN T. FOX AND EMILIE H. GORSUCH/FOX - DTS 20140048 - QUASI - JUDICIAL - ROSSINA LEIDER -
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501, ext. 6859
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-14-05(Z)(P); APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1 - A.6, B.1 - B.2, C.1 - C.5, and D.1 - D.6; GRANTING Special Approval for a project : 1) within the Watershed Protection Evers Overlay District, and 2) within the Special Treatment Overlay District; ADOPTION of the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANTING Specific Approval of alternatives to Sections 714.8.7, 715.3.4, and 907.7.3 of the Land Development Code, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The 20.01 ± acre vacant site is located on the west side of Lockwood Ridge Road, approximately 950 feet south of Whitfield Avenue.
• The site is zoned A-1/WP-E/ST (Suburban Agriculture/Watershed Protection/Special Treatment Overlay Districts) and within the RES-6 (Residential – six dwelling units per acre) Future Land Use Category (FLUC).
• The current request is to rezone the property to PDR (Planned Development Residential) retaining the overlay districts (WP-E/ST), and approve a Preliminary Site Plan for a maximum of 37 single-family detached lots. The Preliminary Site Plan proposes:
- One access point from Lockwood Ridge Road (existing four-lane arterial roadway). An optional gate is proposed at the development entrance.
- Lots located along both sides of an internal roadway. The minimum lot size is 6,760 sq. ft. (52’ x 130’).
- A 24 feet wide (50 feet wide private right-of-way) internal roadway that has terminus in two cul-de-sacs.
- A gross and net density of 1.85 and 3.26 dwelling units per acre respectively.
- A 40-foot wide roadway buffer along Lockwood Ridge Road, and 15 feet wide greenbelt landscape buffer along the north, west, and south property boundaries. The greenbelt buffer along to the north property boundary is part of a wider area (30 feet) that contains the referenced buffer and a swale.
- 5-foot wide sidewalks along both sides of the internal roadway. The site plan shows an existing 5 feet wide sidewalk along Lockwood Ridge Road.
- Stormwater management and floodplain compensation areas at the center and west portion of the site.
- No impacts to wetland (0.41 aces) or wetland buffers.
- 45 % of open space (9.03 acres) which exceeds the minimum requirement for a project within the Watershed Overlay District.
- Optional passive recreational trail and bench is proposed as a “focal point”. Non recreational acreage is provided.
• The site is located entirely within the Braden River Watershed, and lies in Zones X and A with no base flood elevation determined per FIRM 12081C0317E, effective 3/17/2014, with the western portion of the site within the 100-year floodplain. Floodplain Management is requesting the utilization of floodplain studies to determine Base Flood Elevation (BFE) in areas presently designated as "Zone A".
• In order to minimize any potential noise impacts to future residents, staff recommends the installation of a six-foot high solid decorative fence or wall with landscaping on the exterior side of the fence or enhanced landscaping within the roadway buffer along Lockwood Ridge Road. The applicant agrees with the proposed stipulation.
• Special Approval is required to be granted by the Board of County Commissioners, for a project that lies within the Braden River Watershed (Evers Reservoir Watershed Protection and Special Treatment Overlay Districts).
• The applicant requests Specific Approval to:
- Reduced replacement tree sizes (LDC Section 714.8.7)
- To allow one canopy tree per lot frontage (LDC Section 715.3.4)
- To deviate from lot shape requirements (LDC Section 907.7.3)
• Staff supports all requested Specific Approvals.
• Staff recommends approval of this request, with stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded via email on 4/9/2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - PDR-14-05(Z)(P) - Fox and Gorsuch - FOX - 20140048 - 140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - PDR-14-05(Z)(P) - FOX - DTS20140048.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval - PDR-14-05(Z)(P) - Fox and Gorsuch - FOX - 20140048 - 140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit - PDR-14-05(Z)(P) - Fox and Gorsuch - FOX - 20140048 - 140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: TIS - PDR-14-05(Z)(P) - Fox and Gorsuch - FOX - 20140048 - 140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Fox - PDR-14-05(Z)(P) - 5-8-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plans - PDR-14-05(Z)(P) - Fox and Gorsuch - FOX - 20140048 - 140508 PC.pdf