|Planning Commission Manatee County Government, Administrative Center 1112 Manatee Avenue West First Floor, Commission Chambers, 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #5
PDI-14-01(Z)(P) – 2550 TR, LLC - SRQ Technical Park, Phase 2 - DTS 20140017 - QUASI - JUDICIAL - SHELLEY HAMILTON
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501, ext. 6863
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDI-14-01(Z)(P); and APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1, B.1, C.1 – C.2, and D.1 – D.7; ADOPT Findings for Specific Approval for: 1) an alternative to Land Development Code Section 714.8.7 relating to replacement tree calipers; 2) an alternative to Land Development Code Section 715.3.2.c.1 relating to reduced roadway buffers widths and screening; and 3) an alternative to Land Development Code Section 715.3.1.g relating to a reduced vehicle use area buffer; as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Benderson has filed a rezone and a Preliminary Site Plan application for industrial warehouse development on approximately 26.97 + acres to rezone the property from LM (Light Manufacturing) and PDC (Planned Development Commercial) to PDI (Planned Development Industrial) located at the southeast corner of U.S. 301 and Tallevast Road to develop allow an additional 79,158 square feet light industrial/warehouse space in addition to the previously approved 279,314 square feet currently approved in Phase I.
• As stated above, a previous approval of 279,314 square feet of warehouse and light industrial uses was approved in 2013 for the southernmost acreage of the property. A total of 248,459 square feet of the space has been built. The remaining space will be combined with the new request for a total of 110,022 square feet of warehouse and light industrial uses.
• The site is designated IL (Industrial, Light) on the Future Land Use Map.;
• The site is in an “X” Flood Zone.
• Water and Sanitary Sewer will be provided; and
• Specific Approvals has been requested for the following:
– LDC Section 714.8.7 to allow smaller replacement tree calipers;
– LDC Section 715.3.2.c.1 to allow reduced roadway buffer widths and screening; and
– LDC Section 715.3.1.g. to allow a reduced vehicle use area buffer; and
• Staff recommends approval with stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded via email on 4/16/2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - PDI-14-01-SRQtechPark - PH2 - 140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval Request - PDI-14-01-SRQtechPark - PH2 - 140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit - PDI-14-01-SRQtechPark - PH2 - 140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Analysis - PDI-14-01(Z)(P) - 2550 TR, LLC - SRQ TECH PARK, PH2 - dts20140017 - 140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - PDI-14-01(Z)(P) - 2550 TR, LLC - SRQ Tech Park, Phase 2 - 5-8-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - PDI-14-01-SRQtechPark - PH2 - 140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - PDI-14-01(Z)(P) - 2550 TR, LLC - SRQ TECH PARK - DTS20140017 - 140508 PC.pdf