|REVISED May 5, 2016 - Land Use Meeting|
Agenda Item #13
First Public Hearing for Termination of Local Development Agreement for Long Bar Pointe
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
William Clague, 941-748-4501 ext. 3750
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
No action necessary; this is the first of two required public hearings.
- This is the first of two required public hearings to terminate the Local Development Agreement (LDA) for Long Bar Pointe pursuant to a settlement agreement that was approved by the Board during its April 7, 2016 Land Use Meeting.
- The settlement relates to a lawsuit filed in 2013 concerning transportation conditions in a 2004 site plan for a portion of Long Bar Pointe. The settlement has no bearing upon the ongoing litigation relating to environmental policies that apply to the development of that property.
- The County Attorney's Office recommended approval of the settlement agreement, and recommends termination of the LDA because:
- no monetary damages or attorneys' fees will be paid by County; and
- development of Long Bar Pointe (including any transportation requirements) will have to comply with the County's current standards and practices.
- Because this is the first of two public hearings required pursuant to Florida Statutes, no action should be taken at this hearing. The second hearing will be scheduled for the Board's June Land Use Meeting. At that meeting, the Board will be asked to vote to terminate the LDA, and to vote to amend the site plan approval for the subject parcel of Long Bar Pointe, as provided in the settlement agreement.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
This is a County Attorney item.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Amendment and Termination of LDA.pdf
Attachment: Executed Settlement Agreement.pdf
Attachment: Notice of 1st hearing (LDA).pdf