|REVISED May 20, 2014 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #25
Resolution 14-014 - Development Review fees and charges
Contact and/or Presenter Information
John Barnott, Building and Development Services Director/ 748-4501, ext. 3887
Adoption of Resolution R-14-014 authorizing revised Development Review fees and charges effective June 1, 2014.
- Subsection 125.01(1)(g), Florida Statutes, authorized the Board of County Commissioners of each County to prepare and enforce a Comprehensive Plan for the development of the County, and
- Subsection 125.01(1)(h), Florida Statutes, authorized the Board of County Commissioners of each County to establish, coordinate, and enforce zoning and such regulations as are necessary for the protection of the public, and
- The Board of County Commissioners of Manatee County, Florida, previously adopted the Manatee County Land Development Code, and
- The Board of County Commissioners of Manatee County, Florida previously adopted the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, and
- The Land Development Code provides that fees may be charged for various costs involved in processing applications, petitions, and various related matters.
- Adoption of the attached resolution would be effective June 1, 2014.
- Resolution R-14-014 is revising Resolution R-12-052.
- A fee study was done by the consultant (Maximus) for the Development Review fees. Based on staff review of the study, and a review of fees in other counties, the staff recommended fee changes. The Development Review fees are being raised 22% on average.
- Staff briefed the Planning Task Force about fees on April 24, 2014.
- Building and Development Services Department reviews our fees with a study every two years. Our Building Division fees are well established, having been reduced by 16% over the last two years.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded by e-mail on February 14, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Resolution 14-014 - 2014 Development Review Fee Schedule.pdf
Attachment: Development Review Fee Schedule R-14-014.pdf
Attachment: Development Review Fee Schedule - New vs Old Fees.pdf