|REVISED May 2, 2013 Land Use Meeting|
Agenda Item #7
PDC-13-04(Z)(P) - 2705 51st Avenue East, LLC - Goodwill Corporate Campus - DTS20130070 - B00000181 - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Moreland
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDC-13-04(Z)(P); APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.14, B.1-B.2, C.1-C.3 and D.1; GRANT Special Approval for a project exceeding 30,000 square feet in the RES-9 Future Land Use Category (FLUC); ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANT Specific Approval for an alternative to LDC Sections 603.11.4.3 and 714.8.7, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
SEE ATTACHMENT AND UPDATE MEMO FOR REVISED MOTION
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
- 2705-51st Ave East, LLC and Goodwill Industries request a rezone of 9.43± acres and approval of a Preliminary Site Plan to construct a 69,605 square foot commercial center to include an administration/education center, neighborhood retail store and a commercial out parcel in the southwest corner of the site. The site is on the northeast corner of US 301 and 51st Avenue East in Bradenton.
- The site is in the RES-9 (Residential, nine dwelling units per acre) Future Land Use Category (FLUC) and A-1 zoning district. Neighborhood retail uses are listed in the range of potential uses for consideration for the RES-9 FLUC.
- The site is currently zoned A-1 which provides for agricultural and related uses on short term agricultural lands. Special approval is required for a project exceeding 30,000 square feet in RES-9 FLUC. Special Approval may be acquired through the planned development process.
- The site is eligible to be considered for commercial development because it is within 1,500 feet of two functionally classified roadways. Therefore, it meets commercial locational criteria.
- The applicant proposes future development of an out parcel with one or more of the commercial uses permitted in the PDC zoning district: A Preliminary Site Plan will be required for administrative review of the proposed use(s) listed in the staff report and on the site plan.
- The design shows one entrance connecting 51st Avenue East.
- There will be perimeter and interior landscaping around vehicle use areas, as well as landscaping in perimeter and roadway buffers.
- The design shows a proposed five-foot wide sidewalk along the north side of 51st Avenue East. There is an existing sidewalk along the south side.
- There are no known historic or archaeological resources on the site. The project is in the X Flood Zone Category. There are no wetlands on-site.
- The applicant hosted neighborhood meetings on January 22, 2013. Concerns raised included; hours of operation, problem with rodents, separation from residential uses, and traffic on 51st Avenue East.
- The applicant requests Specific Approval to reduce a front yard setback along US 301 and reduce replacement tree sizes.
- Staff recommends approval with stipulations.
- On April 11, 2013, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
- A public comment summary from the April 11, 2013 Planning Commission public hearing is in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Written comments available from Sarah Schenk.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - Goodwill corporate campus - PDC-13-04(Z)(P) - 5-2-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Goodwill Corporate Campus - PDC-13-04(Z)(P) - 5-2-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Request for Specific Approval - Goodwill Corporate Campus - PDC-13-04(Z)(P) - 5-2-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit - Goodwill Corporate Campus - PDC-13-04(Z)(P) - 5-2-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Goodwill Corporate Campus - PDC-13-04(Z)(P) - 5-2-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Analysis - Goodwill Corporate Campus - PDC-13-04(Z)(P) - 5-2-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Public Comments - Goodwill Corporate Campus - PDC-13-04(Z)(P) - 5-2-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Goodwill Corporate Campus - PDC-13-04(Z)(P) - 5-2-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Exhibit B to Ordinance - Goodwill Corporate Campus - PDC-13-04(Z)(P) - 5-2-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - Goodwill Corporate Campus - PDC-13-04(Z)(P) - 5-2-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Supplemental Information - Applicants response to public comments - Goodwill Corporat Campus - PDC-13-04(Z)(P) - 5-2-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Slideshow - Planning - Goodwill Corporate Campus - PDC-13-04(Z)(P) - 5-2-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: REVISED RECOMMENDED MOTION.pdf
Attachment: Building Elevations.pdf