|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers May 12, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #2
PA-16-02/Ordinance 16-13 - County Initiated Map Amendment Knights Inn - Legislative - Rossina Leider
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the technical support documents and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Community Planning Act as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to recommend APPROVAL of Plan Amendment PA-16-02, as recommended by staff.
Florida Statutes, Chapter 163, Part II
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• On 12/01/2015, the Board of County Commissioners authorized a County-initiated amendment to the Future Land Use Map (small scale map amendment) for the Knights Inn site from the existing future land use category of IL (Industrial – Light) to R/O/R (Retail/Office/Residential).
• The Plan Amendment site contains approximately ±7.38 acres located on the east side of 1st Street East (aka US 41/US 301).
• The IL (Industrial – Light) future land use designation was impressed on several parcels along 1st Street East with the adoption of the 1989 Comprehensive Plan. Since then, certain parcels have amended the IL designation to R/O/R (Retail/Office/Residential) [Red Barn Flea Market] and P/SP(2) (Public/Semi Public) [Oasis Middle School – fka P.A.L.]. There are a few parcels remaining with the IL designation, Knights Inn site being one of them.
• The site is located within the Urban Core, the Urban Service Area, and the Southwest Tax Increment Financing (TIF) district in which redevelopment and revitalization have been encouraged to continue the vitality and economic prosperity of these areas. Additionally, staff is preparing amendments to the Land Development Code for Urban Corridors that would provide an increase in density and intensity for parcels along specific urban corridors including 1st Street East (amendments that are expected to go before the Board of County Commissioners by the third quarter of 2016).
• The area is served by utilities, county schools, roadway network, libraries, fire and public safety.
• There are no jurisdictional wetlands, native habitat nor endangered species on the project site.
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on April 19, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerials - Knights Inn Plan Amendment - PA-16-02.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Knights Inn Comp Plan Amendment - PA-16-02.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Knight Inn - PA16-02 Ord. 16-13 - Bradenton Herald Display PA - 5-12-16 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Knights Inn - PA-16-02-Ord. 16-13 - Sarasota Herald Tribune Display - 5-12-16 PC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement - Knights Inn Plan Amendment - PA-16-02.pdf