|REVISED May 10, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #36
Adaptive Signal Control System Along SR 70 - Local Agency Program (LAP)
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Vishal S. Kakkad, P.E., PTOE, Traffic Design Division Manager, Ext: 7812
Adoption of Resolution R-16-052 authorizing the Chairman to execute a Local Agency Program (LAP) Agreement with the Florida Department of Transportation to install ASCT Equipment at 10 intersections along SR 70 and US 301.
Florida Statutes 339.12
- On May 19, 2015, at the regular Board of County Commissioners (BCC) meeting, the Board adopted Resolution R-15-071 authorizing the staff to sign and submit a grant application for Accelerated Innovation Deployment (AID) Demonstration authorized within the Technology and Innovation Deployment Program (TIDP) under the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21) to Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) through Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT).
- In September 2015, FDOT and Manatee County were selected as recipients for the Grant for a total award of $1,000,000.
- Public Works Department proposed to use the Grant funds to install Adaptive Signal Control Technology (ASCT) at twenty (20) intersections along State Road (SR) 70 from Lakewood Ranch Boulevard to 5th Street West.
- There is a twenty (20) percent fund match requirement from the applicant. FDOT had agreed to share the responsibility of the matching funds with the County for this project. As presented at the May 19, 2015, BCC meeting, the County's share of the matching funds will be in the form of in-house staff labor.
- Based on the estimates, $790,000 of the $1,000,000 in the Grant funds are allocated for the ASCT equipment purchase. FDOT will purchase the equipment and transfer materials to Manatee County with funding provided under FM# 438870-1-53-01 with these funds.
- For the remaining $210,000 of the $1,000,000, Manatee County will be reimbursed with grant funds for construction services under FM# 438870-1-58-01 up to a maximum of $210,000.
- FDOT is installing equipment at ten (10) intersections with a currently programmed resurfacing project along SR 70.
- The County will be responsible for installation of equipment at ten (10) intersections, which are part of this LAP agreement, and will be reimbursed for up to a maximum of $210,000. Public Works Department proposes to use in-house labor and equipment to complete the installation as the County's share of the required local match and to complement the material and construction services required.
- The $210,000 for materials and construction services is programmed in the current fiscal year's budget. Upon invoicing, these funds will be reimbursed by FDOT.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (Utilizes exact document or procedure approved within the last 18 months)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return two original LAP agreements and one certified copy of the Resolution to Barbara Green, ext. 7355, Public Works Department.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: LAP Resolution R-16-052.pdf
Attachment: 438870-1 Manatee County - SR 70 Grant - LAP Agreement Exhibits.pdf
Attachment: R-15-071 Signed.pdf