|REVISED March 7, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #60
Adoption of Resolution R-17-014, a Resolution vacating a portion of unimproved maintained right-of-way at Pope Road, Bradenton, Florida 34211
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Joy Leggett-Murphy, Property Acquisition Division Manager, Property Management, Extension 3439.
Tim Cristello, Real Property Specialist, Property Acquisition Division, Property Management, Extension 6284.
- ADOPT Resolution R-17-014.
Florida Statutes, Chapter 336.09 et sec., Closing and Abandonment of Roads, Authority, and 336.10, et sec., Publication of Notice.
Manatee County Land Development Code, Section 331, Vacation of Streets and Plats.
- The applicants, Neal Communities of Southwest Florida, LLC., and SMR Northwest Land, LLC., have submitted the vacation request and are requesting the vacation of a portion of County maintained unimproved right-of-way at Pope Road. The applicants are seeking to vacate portions of Pope Road which are no longer needed for access to the property in light of the plans to develop Phases 6 and 7 of the Indigo Subdivision.
- The vacation application was reviewed and is complete.
- This vacation request is approximately 3.26 acres of roadway which the applicants state will benefit the community by eliminating costs associated with public maintenance of roadway. The segment of White Eagle Boulevard, which is constructed to the west of Pope Road, will serve as access to the various lands which currently border and rely upon Pope Road for ingress and egress.
- Jurisdictional reviews by appropriate county departments and private utility companies serving the location to be vacated have been notified of the intention to file a vacation and have no objection.
- Survey Division has reviewed the legal and sketch and have no objection.
- Highway Engineering Division has confirmed that this vacation application and the planned development of the surrounding property will not result in non-compliance with county standards relative to turnarounds. Also, no property will be landlocked by virtue of granting this vacation request per Highway Engineering.
- Utility Engineering Division has reviewed the vacation application and has no objection.
- Property Acquisition has confirmed with the respective departments the outstanding items have been addressed and completed as requested by the County Attorney.
- The application complies with the pertinent Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Land Development Code.
- All expenses associated with the subject vacation will be paid by the applicant.
- Manatee County's application filing fee of $800.00 has been paid.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please provide a certified copy of the executed resolution to Tim Cristello, Property Management, 1112 Manatee Avenue West, Suite 800, Bradenton, Florida 34205
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Resolution R-17-014.pdf
Attachment: Vacation Application V-16-505 Neal Communities of Southwest Florida, LLC and SMR Northwest Land LLC.pdf
Attachment: Jurisdictional Reviews for V-16-505.pdf
Attachment: Sufficiency Review Memo.pdf
Attachment: Property Management Director Memo.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Notice.pdf
Attachment: Notice of Public Hearing Bradenton Herald.pdf
Attachment: Response Memo to CAO Matter No. 2016-0753.pdf
Attachment: Response to CAO Matter No. 2016-0560.pdf
Attachment: Location Map.pdf