|REVISED March 7, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #57
Health Care Advisory Board
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Joshua T. Barnett, Health Care Services Manager, Community Services, Department of Neighborhood Services, ext 3978
Cheri Coryea, Director, Department of Neighborhood Services, ext 3468
Appointment of one member to the Health Care Advisory Board in the "Higher Education" Category.
Manatee County Resolution R-15-173
- The Health Care Advisory Board was established in December of 2015 and began meeting early in 2016.
- The Board evaluates, monitors, and discusses the state of the healthcare system in Manatee County for the medically needy.
- The Board can make recommendations to the Commission for funding of medically needy programs and services.
- The Board uses evidence-based practices to determine the best course for service recommendations for medically needy persons in Manatee County.
- The Board is currently comprised of eleven (11) members from the following areas outlined in Resolution R-15-173: healthcare, mental health, substance abuse, social services, consumers, business, and higher education which is currently vacant.
- Five (5) applications were received for the Higher Education seat.
- Two (2) applications did not meet the requirements of the application process for the following reasons: (a.) Resume did not detail the justification for the required experience within the higher education category, and (b.) Required component of the Resume was not included within the application, a necessary component to justify the required experience within higher education.
- Application forms and a Matrix are provided as attachments for the following applicants:
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: HCAB Higher Ed Application Matrix 02152017.pdf
Attachment: Matrix with Professions2017 v 2.pdf
Attachment: R15-173 signed(1).pdf