|REVISED March 7, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #43
Rowlett Elementary School Sidewalk Phase VII Project, Parcel 816A & 816B, U.S. Bank National Association, as Trustee for the HomeBanc Mortgage Trust 2005-1, Mortgage Backed Notes, Contract for Sale and Purchase for a Permanent Easement at PID 4705400002.
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Joy Leggett-Murphy, Property Acquisition Division Manager, Property Management, Extension 3439.
Tim Cristello, Real Property Specialist, Property Acquisition Division, Property Management, Extension 6284.
- Execution of Contract for Sale and Purchase for a Permanent Easement from U.S. Bank National Association, as Trustee for the Homebanc Mortgage Trust 2005-1, Mortgage Backed Notes for Rowlett Elementary School Sidewalk Phase VII Project in the amount of $2,400.00.
Chapters 125 and 127, Florida Statutes. Manatee County Comprehensive Plan - Goal 5.4 Addresses bikeway and pedestrian systems.
- The Rowlett Elementary School Sidewalk Phase VII Project is a Manatee County requested sidewalk which involves the construction of 2,600 linear feet of sidewalk and 2,221 feet of drainage for neighborhood improvements at the south side of 30th Avenue East.
- Parcel 816A & 816B is a permanent easement consisting of 116 square feet and 426 square feet to construct a sidewalk and drainage. The easement is located at 1214 30th Avenue East, Bradenton, Florida.
- Property Acquisition performed an in-house analysis on August 26, 2015, for parcel 816A and 816B. The land is valued at $1,650.00, and cost to cure at $500.00 to reinstall one palm tree, and $250.00 for a wooden fence for a total agreed settlement of $2,400.00.
- The previous owner Jorge L. Sotomayor executed the Contract for Sale and Purchase of Permanent Easement for $2,400.00 which was approved by the Board on January 26, 2016.
- This transaction failed to close due to pending foreclosure and lack of cooperation from the bank. The property was subsequently foreclosed. A certificate of title was issued to the lender, U.S. Bank National Association as Trustee, for the Homebanc Mortgage Trust 2005-1, Mortgage Backed Notes on August 2, 2016.
- Property Acquisition reached the same agreement with the new owner U.S. Bank National Association, as Trustee for the Homebanc Mortgage Trust 2005-1, Mortgage Backed Notes.
- There are no attorney fees or related fees and costs with this agreement.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return a copy of the executed contract to Tim Cristello, Property Acquisition Division, at Tim.Cristello@mymanatee.org, Johnnie Yetter at Johnnie.Yetter@mymanatee.org, and Anthony Benitez at Anthony.Benitez@mymanatee.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Settlement costs of $2,400.00 to 341-6044160, Rowlett Elementary School Sidewalk Phase VII Project.
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: U.S. Bank National Association Contract for Sale and Purchase for a Permanent Easement Parcel 816A & 816B.pdf
Attachment: Parcel 816A & 816B Location Map.pdf