|REVISED March 6, 2018 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #27
Conservation Easement to Manatee County for Property located at 3350 Duette Road, Parrish PID#36100006
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Joy Leggett-Murphy, Property Acquisition Division Manager, Property Management Department, Extension 3439
Charles Meador, Real Property Specialist, Property Acquisition Division, Property Management Department, Extension 6289
- Accept and Record Conservation Easement.
Florida Statute 704.06 Conservation easements; creation; acquisition; enforcement.
- The conservation easement is a requirement of Manatee County Government Federal Eagle Take Disturbance Permit MB 33468C-0 issued to authorize disturbance of (2) pairs of nesting Bald Eagles (MN023 and MN051) as well as the disturbance of an inactive nest take of (1) pair of nesting Bald Eagles (MN972) due to all activities associated with the 44th Avenue East roadway expansion project.
- The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is required to be a signatory third party on any changes made to the conservation easement after the conservation easement is granted.
- In 2016, Manatee County acquired 26.70 acres of land using funds from the Utilities Department. Said 26.70 acres of land is commonly referred to as the Lake Manatee Watershed Project. Approximately 24.987 acres of the Lake Manatee Watershed Acquisition is the subject of this conservation easement. The difference in the 26.70 acres of land and the 24.987-acre conservation easement is to leave a buffer along the roadway to allow for bridge construction to be located outside of the conservation easement.
- The conservation easement language has been approved by the Parks and Natural Resources Department and the County Attorney's Office.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please email a copy of the approved agenda item to Charles Meador at Charles.email@example.com and Eric Shroyer at Eric.firstname.lastname@example.org and Mike Elswick at Michael.email@example.com
CCC: AR 700003
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$35.50 recording fee. 001-0020505 Property Acquisition Core Fund.
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Conservation Easement.pdf
Attachment: RLS 2018-0044 CAO Response.pdf
Attachment: Manatee County Government MB33468C_USFWS_Permit.pdf
Attachment: Location Map.pdf