|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - March 26, 2013|
Agenda Item #32
Acquisition of property purchase, Stephen R. Olmsted, Parcel 120, 44th Avenue East (30th Street East to 45th Street East) Road Right of Way Improvement Project
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Lynn Willis, Property Management, x 6287
Joaquin Servia, Division Manager, Property Acquisition, x 3021
Authorization for Chairman to execute Contract for Sale and Purchase for a Warranty Deed from Stephen R. Olmsted, for the 44th Avenue East (30th Street East to 45th Street East) Road Right of Way Improvement Project in the amount of $83,600.
Section 125 seq., Florida Statutes, County Government
• The original 44th Avenue East Road Right of Way Improvement Project was approved in the FY 1994/1995 CIP on February 25, 1994, and reapproved in FY 2009/2010 CIP on September 15, 2009, Resolution R-09-219.
• Parcel 120 is improved with a single family residence located at 4311 45th Street East. The project required a partial take of 11,558 square feet.
• On September 28, 2012, Appraiser Shawn Wilson, MAI, of Compass Real Estate Consulting, Inc., determined the value of the area for acquisition at: $8,700 for land, $22,900 for improvements that include $2,100 for trees and $20,750 for 50% contributory value of house and site improvements, $11,000 for cost to cure to demolish remnant of home and foundation, backfill, sod, and remove septic/drainfield, and shed, and $21,000 for severance damages as a result of the acquisition. The loss in value caused by the taking, but not attributable to the part taken, represents severance damages to the remainder. Total appraised value of the parcel is $63,600.
• The owner’s attorney has made counter offer of $100,000 plus statutory fees and costs. Negotiations have resulted in a settlement of $83,600 inclusive of all attorney and expert fees and costs; and eliminates additional costs for litigation fees, or expert fees associated with this agreement. Please refer to the attached backup justification for more detail.
• The contract for Sale and Purchase for a Warranty Deed is hereby submitted to the BCC for execution in the amount of $83,600.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return a copy of executed contract to Lynn Willis, Property Acquisition, Property Management Department, with a copy to Christy Cultrera in Finance
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
335-6071160, 44TH Avenue East (30th Street East to 45th Street East) Road Right of Way Improvement Project
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: contract olmstead 120.pdf
Attachment: backup justification olmstead 120.pdf
Attachment: 44th Ave E 30th-45th St Loc Map.pdf