|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor - Chambers March 2, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #9
PDI-17-01(Z)(G) - Enneking Rezone - DTS20160288 - Quasi-Judicial - Branden Roe, Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Branden Roe, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDI-17-01(Z)(G); and APPROVE the General Development Plan with Stipulations 1-10, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The project is located in a geographic area known as an Entranceway, and has an existing Future Land Use Category (FLUC) of IH (Industrial-Heavy).
• The applicant previously requested a straight rezone from A-1 to HM zoning district, this project was known as Z-16-06, and went before the Planning Commission on December 8, 2016 and before the Board of County Commissioners at the January 5, 2017 Land Use Hearing, where it was continued to the February 2, 2017 regularly scheduled Land Use Hearing to allow the applicant and staff time to discuss potential solutions to concerns raised by the public and the Commissioners.
• On February 2, 2017 the Applicant provided the Board of County Commissioners with an update letter which made clear that the Applicant has decided withdrawn their requested rezone to HM, and instead requests to rezone to PDI with an associated GDP. No action was necessary on this request as it essentially had been withdrawn with the Applicants change in their request, which resulted in this project returning to the Planning Commission on February 9, 2017.
• No new residential uses are permitted in industrial future land uses, so the development of the site will be restricted to non-residential uses. The uses permitted for this project are restricted to those listed as permitted in the schedule of uses as proffered by the Applicant, and attached to the Staff Report and Ordinance as Exhibit B.
• The IH Future Land Use Category limits non-residential development intensities to a Floor Area Ratio (FAR) of 0.50, and the Applicant is requesting a maximum intensity of 0.50 FAR for this project.
• The requested PDI zoning is consistent with existing development in the immediate area and is a logical expansion of existing industrial zoning on an adjacent and surrounding properties.
• There are no Special or Specific Approvals requested for this project.
• Staff is recommending APPROVAL with Stipulations.
• On February 9, 2017, by a vote of 4 – 3, the Planning Commission recommended Approval. Mr. Rutledge voted nay stating it is incompatible with the surrounding area and is trending towards an incompatible design in the future. Mr. Bower voted nay stating he would like some additional allowable uses removed from the Schedule of Uses and he agrees with Mr. Rutledge. Mr. Horrigan voted nay stating he would like any use with the words heavy and major removed from the Schedule of Uses.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the February 9, 2017 Planning Commission public hearing are in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0026 on January 24, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Enneking PDI - PDI-17-01(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Staff Report Maps PDI1701_Enneking_aerial.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - General Development Plan.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Zoning Disclosure.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Enneking TIS.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Exhibit B Enneking Use Table.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 - Ordinance PDI-17-01(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 9 - Public Comments.pdf
Attachment: Additional Information from Applicant (letter withdrawn original application Z-16-06).pdf
Attachment: Exparte Communication from Commissioner.pdf
Attachment: New Attachment - Comparative Schedule of Uses HM and PDI as Proffered.pdf